Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: FREE DUFFLE BAG NEVER RECEIVED

Message 2 of 45

Hi there @drdantruAARP Member Benefits Team here to help. Sorry for the confusion! The process is to call The Hartford because they are mailing the duffel bag and can check the status - unlike AARP. However. we certainly understand your concern regarding not receiving your promotional duffel bag. We'd be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team at The Hartford for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. The Escalation team will be happy to look into the status of your duffel bag and expedite a replacement if necessary. In order to do this, we will require additional information. At your convenience, please provide the following details in a private message:

- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 45

I got the same, I think it is a scam. AARP doesn't seem to know about it even though in their mailer. They want us to call Hartford insurance sales so a salesman can give you a hard sales pitch. I was told by AARP to call Hartford and ask for supervisor and get names and numbers to report. Too much fuss. Personally I will not investigate any more AARP offers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 45

I did a quote with The Hartford from a mail flyer I received from AARP about getting Auto insurance quote and get a free Duffel Bag. I did the quote with intent of seriously evaluating a quote. No where was there info about the Duffel. I tried a "chat" and was told to call Hartford sales. Makes me feel duped and less likely to do anything like this again. Likely just a sales scam. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 45

Hi @RogerS531805, please reach out to the hartford directly at: 1-888-808-5254 so they can confirm about the special offer you received.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 45

Good evening. I received a mailer from AARP on 3/10/20 with two different Hartford insurance advertisements included. Both offered a free Duffle bag with an online Hartford quote. The first one said go to Aarp.thehartford/jarp6 and the second said to go to thehartford/jarp7 yet neither site exists. Is this some kind of scam? 
Roger

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 45

@KathyI81285, did you sign up for AARP membership only or were you expecting a gift from a service provider? If it's the latter, please contact that service provider directly for more info. Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 45

Hello I just received my membership card but I did not receive my duffle bag.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 45

@lb58385599 - You can send a message to @AARPAngelaC by clicking on her username (you can click right here: @AARPAngelaC or on any post she has written). Then click on "Send Private Message" which you will see under "Quick Links" on the right side of the page. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 45

I filled out a quote for Hartford Insurance but never received the duffle bag.  I see that many others have this same problem.  One of the answers says to send a private messaged.  Not quite sure how to do that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors