Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: CARD ACTIVATION

Message 83 of 87

I received the same sticker to activate my AARP card. Why not called AARP to activate card like credit cards company? Anyway, I happy I join the members of AARP.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 87

The sticker is confusing but the 3 step instructions at the bottom of the attached page definitely state to "go to aarp.org/activation and register your new cards".  So why these instructions if they supposedly eliminated the confusion??????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 87

@lauris391635  What was the exact message on the sticker? Here is what was on my card when I received it.

AARPMembershipCardInfo.JPG

Providing an image would help.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 87

@lauris391635 wrote:

It appears AARP already knows that the black sticker at the top of our AARP cards is confusing and that you do not need to activate your card to use it.

So what is the purpose of the sticker? I searched the web site to activate my card and couldnt find where or how. All I found was that AARP apologizes over and over for the confusion. Can somone explain why they continue to put the sticker on our cards.

@lauris391635  All I can do is guess. 🙂  I assume they got a great deal on a gazillion card blanks and have, since they took delivery, changed processes.  Wild guess. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

CARD ACTIVATION

Message 87 of 87

It appears AARP already knows that the black sticker at the top of our AARP cards is confusing and that you do not need to activate your card to use it.

So what is the purpose of the sticker? I searched the web site to activate my card and couldnt find where or how. All I found was that AARP apologizes over and over for the confusion. Can somone explain why they continue to put the sticker on our cards.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.