Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Yes the heathcare system is way too complex and confusing

Regular Contributor

Yes the heathcare system is way too complex and confusing

If you don't understand the healthcare system, it's not you, it's been purposely designed to be so complex it's impossible to follow/understand. Of course there will be people who say it's easy to understand or not that complex, but that's false, it is too complex to understand.

Between the wording manipulation, the utter lack of definitions to what things mean, no context, and all sorts of other stupidity created by some clown show meat sticks that purposely made it so complex 99 percent of people cannot make heads or tails out of it.

I personally spent over 6 hours on the phone going back and forth, being hung up on, getting transferred to wrong departments trying to get a simple answer on what I had for things offered. 6 hours and a lot of frustration all to get a single question I found myself constantly repeating.

The website is impossible to navigate around on. Where the bare basic info would buried so deep and in places no one would ever know to go.

In the end I still didn't know what I had for options or what they do.

Here is an example of what I said in the second sentence:

The word Coverage is a majorly confusing because it has no set context here is what I mean

AARP offers Coverage. Offering has no relevance to actually using it and has no relevance to the medical field (you cannot force a dentist to accept insurance).

Cover can mean any of the following

1. We cover Dental, as in meaning we talk about that phrase "Dental coverage" as a forum topic.

2. Temporarily overseeing something

3. To shield (Take Cover)

4. Paying for it

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Contributor

what do you mean by health care system? There are three parties-you-the patient, 2. The doctors

3.The insurance coverage(S).

What do you think the system is?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

What state do you live in and what insurance do you have?

I live in Central Texas and have Baylor Scott & White advantage plan. I can sign into their website, use My Chart, and find all the information you have been talking about. Dental is covered under this plan too. There are limits on the Dental plan.

Have you checked in your area to see what Dentist accept the insurance you have?

For Medicare have you looked at the web site?

Medicare Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Welcome to Medicare | Medicare

For Medicaid,

Medicaid Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Medicaid.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare | Medicaid

Have you used the MENU and looked at all that is provided?

MedicareMenu2022.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@cat0w

You seem to not understand this topic is about how both AARP and united health care have medicaid and medicaid attached to them which automatically make Medicare/medicaid the INSURANCE.

-----------------------------------------------------

You also seem to not understand the difference between a place that offers dental, and a dentist office that doesn't accept anything that Medicaid/Medicare attached to it.

AARP/United Health Care can OFFER DENTAL all they want, they can also come up with any type of coverage they want, in the end the only thing that a dentist looks at is still being medicare and medicaid.

There is no dentist in the entire USA that accepts it. That means any AARP/United Health Care dental coverage cannot ever be used which means it's the same as not even having DENTAL Coverage to begin with.

As far as the website not having your information, you didn't read what I posted, There is no place to SIGN IN to the AARP/Medicaid websites that connect you to your personal information. You yourself posted that YOU CAN SIGN IN. So of course you can find your personal information in it. If there was a place to sign into AARP/MEDICAID WEBSITES I could find my info as well. Instead it's a generic screen that isn't even really useful. I've had AARP sales agents try to tell me they use that to figure out a persons cost but that's not true you can't.

To make things even more confusing, there are 3 different web addresses I've been given by different AARP reps, that all go to the same exact generic webpage.

Without being able to log in, not only do you have no clue to what you actually have for options, but without someone on the phone manually telling you what to click on when at their website, you cannot even find the generic template they use for a plan. The website is impossible to navigate through.

As it stands now, the only possible way anyone on medicare and medicaid can know what they have for options and the prices, is to call AARP and have them pull up your account info. In case you missed it let me shorten the explanation,

Only someone at AARP over the phone can access your personal information, you as a non-employee cannot. I have outright asked them for the actual place they pulled up my account so I can log in myself, and they said that is something specific only they can access.

I have had multiple agents from various places try to explain to me multiple times throughout the years, the difference between medicare and medicaid, and to this day I still don't know. I even asked again last night and I was still confused. I literally have no clue what the difference between them both are.

I also still can't get a straight answer to what all this Part A, B, C, or whatever other letters or nonsense involved in this mess. Every explanation I get, is a nondescript explanation that doesn't explain anything. What I mean by that is this situation

if I told you I'm going to prove that spam is the best tasting meat in the world and then I said this statement:

Spam is the best tasting meat in the whole word because no other meat has ever tasted better.

On the surface that appears to make sense but the fact is I haven't proven or explained anything at all. All I did was reword the first part of what I said so it seems as though I explained something.

Anyone explaining the healthcare system is doing exactly what that statement above says. It's nondescript nonsense, being reworded.

The section of your reply about the definitions, is totally irrelevant because it has nothing to do with anything I posted about in this topic.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Check out all the information that AARP is posting. Here is a link for you to start with.

How to Calculate Out-of-Pocket Medicare Costs (aarp.org)

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MattC334230

I read everything you posted.

You should have included this in your topic.

"You seem to not understand this topic is about how both AARP and united health care have medicaid and medicaid attached to them which automatically make Medicare/Medicaid the INSURANCE."

I wouldn't have replied because I don't use their insurance.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

YOU MUST RESPECT OTHER POSTERS EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM

Also, please be welcoming of new posters, even when you argue with their positions.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Regular Contributor

despite I was supposed to have prescription as part of my Insurance, I was never able to use it, I was either told I didn't have it, or what I had wasn't accepted so I had to pay full price out of my own pocket for any and all medications. This went on for over 20 years. I finally just cut up my insurance card and just went to the emergency room only when I absolutely had to go. I would then just apply for the free care forms. I finally got a new card but lost all hope of ever using it for anything.

Despite I've had 50 different people explain it 15 different ways, I still have no clue what the difference between medicaid and medicare is?

If I'm asked my membership ID I tell them I have no clue what they want to know because my card has all sorts of numbers on it and I don't know what number they're really asking for.

I one time has a rep from aarp tell me the member ID number I gave him wasn't the right number

There is just so much wrong with this cluster screw of a system.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There is also no possible way to know what exactly you have. People from AARP says you can check on the website, but that is false. The website is generic and there is no login option anywhere on the site. Unless you log in, then you cannot see what you have. This also applies to your medications, doctor..everything.

People in AARP have got to be trolling about the website. Without logging into your account, There is no possible way the website can show you what you have for options as well as how to understand the dollar figures. The words and terms are not defined and cause nothing but confusion due to their vague use.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Slow down and ask. Are you over 65/ or not. I'm assuming not. In the most simple term healthcare Insurance coverage has about three major areas. Dr's office (outpatient), Hospital (in-patient) and D-drug coverage. They have different co-pays-Your portion of the bill you pay.

What ever the Doctors accept is another issue altogether. With your attitude better get the best you can afford. A website for your coverage is not AARP-your Insurance provider has that-use your policy # and ID to access. Best bet get a licensed pro to meet you, go to a meeting, read a publication. I can guarantee you will find out after a real health issue. Mine was heart failure. When a three day hospital stay costs 50k-you will know what you have coverage for.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

First of all, no one is crying.

Secondly, I created a topic to let the majority of the people in the USA that cannot understand the health care system, that it's not their fault, the system is way beyond broken and way too complex to even understand the basics.

You saying get a licensed agent is doing nothing but making excuses. The fact you pretty much need a sales agent to explain this, proves my point about how complex it is.

No one knows how the hell to read anything or understand it. There are way too many people, departments, companies, sub-companies, contracts within contracts, contracts for each sub-section of a contract, 3rd party primary sections and all sorts of other nonsense making it impossible to understand.

The red white and blue card is supposed to be your health care insurance but yet I cannot go to a Doctor, dentist, get prescriptions, and hand them that card and have them accept it, despite it is the health Insurance.

I'm still waiting for a real explanation which goes over the difference between medicare and medicaid so that I can know.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MattC334230

Which do you have, Medicare or Medicaid? You said, "I'm still waiting for a real explanation which goes over the difference between medicare and medicaid so that I can know."

Did you use the links I provided you for information on both plus I gave you the definition for both from Merriam Webster's Dictionary.

Which one do you have, Medicare or Medicaid? Have you created an account for the one you have?

Because of my income I'm not eligible for Medicaid.

Medicare, it doesn't cover the cost of everything so I have a Medicare Advantage Plan that I pay for. I am a Veteran too and could use the VA Hospital.

Have you ever been in the military?

You have gotten off what you stated earlier to me, "You seem to not understand this topic is about how both AARP and united health care have medicaid and medicaid attached to them which automatically make Medicare/Medicaid the INSURANCE.".

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

No I didn't read the definitions you posted because it's a waste of time.

I'm starting to wonder if people in general are just completely stupid, or just purposely love to instigate problems by provoking people on purpose by ignoring what they say and asking the same questions over and over, that the people already said have had tons of people in various places try to explain something and it failed.

Posting dictionary definitions doesn't change anything when the system itself doesn't make any sense and constantly contradicts itself.

This is like the argument I got into with the Social Security Administration where they claimed to have overpaid someone I know, but when I asked did the administration give them more than the amount they normally gave, they said no, so I replied then you couldn't have over paid them.

Over payment literally means when the organization itself literally gives you more than they are allocated to give

All this word manipulation causes a problem.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

This is a second and final reminder.

please familiarise yourselves with the guidelines before posting

http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP