Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?

Message 1 of 36

High end walk in tubs w/44 jets, foot massage, quick drain, heater, Ozone Cleaning, purging system, Acrylic Material (not fiberglass), acrylic wall surround, safety bars, door & frame enlargements, shower glide bars, toilet/bidet included... all of this with a Lifetime Warranty including labor, can be had for approx. 16K

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

For Medicare to pay for a whirlpool bathtub, your doctor will need to say in writing that it is for Substantial Therapeutic Benefit. Each claim will be reviewed on an individual basis. You may also have to sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice of non-coverage.

An Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN), also known as a waiver of liability, is a notice a provider should give you before you receive a service if, based on Medicare coverage rules, your provider has reason to believe Medicare will not pay for the service.

https://ellasbubbles.com/walk-in-bathtub-loans-insurance-deductions-financing/

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36
have you checked out the option of deducting the total cost on your taxes ?
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36
This is not a serious question. It is an ad for a bathtub?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

I AM STILL WORKING ON THAT QUESTION.I SELL AND INSTALL QUALITY WALK IN TUBS. I AM THE OWNER OF SLATON'S HOME IMPROVEMENT.I HAVE ACCESS TO A LOCAL MANUFACTURER.I HAVE INSTALLED FOR COMPANIES THAT CHARGED $15,000.00 TO 22,000.00. I SELL "INSTALLATION INCLUDED" FOR APROX. $8,000.00. NO SALE MEN, NO MIDDLE MAN,NO DRAMA.I DO MY OWN INSTALLS. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

I HAVE INSTALLED WALK IN TUBS FOR A FEW COMPANIES.THEY WOULD CHARGE $15,000.00 TO $22.000.00.I INSTALL THE TUB MY SELF START TO FINISH FOR APROX.$8,000.00 "THAT INCLUDES TUB"GENERAL CONTRACTOR. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?:
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?  Sandijean, Dont let it get the best of you ! Been there, done that !!! Dont expect much understanding or sympathy from certain " Well Off " members. As long as their doing fine, thats all that really matters to some of them. As for the rest of us, who may have struggles, they feel we  are to blame for not working smart or hard enough. We are also to blame, in their minds, when hit by unforeseen tragedies in our lives ( poor planning on our part ).
Posted by mandm84

Thank you, Mandro84, you're correct.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best? Sandijean, Dont let it get the best of you ! Been there, done that !!! Dont expect much understanding or sympathy from certain " Well Off " members. As long as their doing fine, thats all that really matters to some of them. As for the rest of us, who may have struggles, they feel we  are to blame for not working smart or hard enough. We are also to blame, in their minds, when hit by unforeseen tragedies in our lives ( poor planning on our part ).
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best? : Wow you're so fantastic Gail, perhaps you should get a job for medicare and fix it for us, heck why don't you just become our president and fix all of the problems being that you're so fantastic and all I'm sure you could...
Posted by SANDIJEAN17
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?:
In Response to Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best? : I helped my mother plan for those things for which she was responsible, so as she changed and got older, I made plans for her care and help. Just getting older is not an illness nor is it a disability but it does help if you can make accommodation for those things that can help you. Years ago communities had grants available to low income elderly  through HUD for just this purpose.  Here is the link to the Dept of Housing and Urban Development:  Home Repair/Modification Programs for Elderly Homeowners Where is it today?  I don't know, but if you are low income (and low enough), I'm sure there is help out there - check with your local Dept of Aging or call your Congresscritter.
Posted by GailL1

Wow you're so fantastic Gail, perhaps you should get a job for medicare and fix it for us, heck why don't you just become our president and fix all of the problems being that you're so fantastic and all I'm sure you could...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36
Okiewan here! has someone on disability with a disabled wife and limited incomeI can tell you that us old folks need help with medical needs such as a walk in tub. Our country spends billions all over the world. 40 bil to saudis, 20 bil to istreal, another 10 to egypt  for starters. we even give aid to china! old people are hurting. by the time we pay rent and utilitiys and get food our checks are gone. then theres insurance, gas, medical. If the pres can use airforce one to jet around campaining,if biden dose too, why not support the old and needy here?
Posted by okiewan

@okiewan  Very well said and I could agree more!
Kudos
Views