On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Not applicable
Kudos
Views

Re: Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?

Message 31 of 35
At this point, we can not do much about the policies of Medicare but we can look for better deals on the walk in tub you want to purchase.   You can try comfortwalkintubs
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 35
Hi!

Where do you live?  I live in Victoria, B. C. and we have a program here in B.C. that if you are disabled or a senior and meet their requirements they will pay for the entire tub from Safe Step including installation.  I applied and got approved and am having mine installed on the 13th and 14th of March.  If you need any further information you can e-mail me and I will explain further.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 35
Okiewan here! has someone on disability with a disabled wife and limited incomeI can tell you that us old folks need help with medical needs such as a walk in tub. Our country spends billions all over the world. 40 bil to saudis, 20 bil to istreal, another 10 to egypt  for starters. we even give aid to china! old people are hurting. by the time we pay rent and utilitiys and get food our checks are gone. then theres insurance, gas, medical. If the pres can use airforce one to jet around campaining,if biden dose too, why not support the old and needy here?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?

Message 34 of 35
My wife and I recently had Safe Step and a couple other companies out for estimates and it was unbeleivable to me that Medicare doesn't cover any portion of the cost of these tubs.  My wife is disabled and has an extremely hard time getting into or out of the shower (which only has a 7" lip) and cannot even attempt getting into our tub. 

Out of all of these different companies, we fell in love with what Safe Step had to offer.  No, it wasn't just because of Pat Boone being their spokesperson!  Smile  However, just like the reps that were out before Safe Step, we were informed that Medicare wouldn't cover any of the cost.  This doesn't make sense to me, as my wife has fallen and been hospitalized because of our bathroom countless times. 

Am I alone in thinking this, or does anyone else feel the same?

Here's the tub we were looking at getting, I'd love some feedback from those of you that may have one.  

Safe Step Walk in Tub

Have any of you ever considered purchasing one of these? If so, what helped you decide which company to go with?  Obviously they're expensive, which is why we were hoping medicare would cover it.  However, now it's looking like we're going to have to pay cash and Safe Step was the least expensive and most attractive option out of the ones we looked at.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why doesn't Medicare pay for Walk In Bathtubs and what tub is the best?

Message 34 of 35
My wife and I recently had Safe Step and a couple other companies out for estimates and it was unbeleivable to me that Medicare doesn't cover any portion of the cost of these tubs.  My wife is disabled and has an extremely hard time getting into or out of the shower (which only has a 7" lip) and cannot even attempt getting into our tub. 

Out of all of these different companies, we fell in love with what Safe Step had to offer.  No, it wasn't just because of Pat Boone being their spokesperson!  Smile  However, just like the reps that were out before Safe Step, we were informed that Medicare wouldn't cover any of the cost.  This doesn't make sense to me, as my wife has fallen and been hospitalized because of our bathroom countless times. 

Am I alone in thinking this, or does anyone else feel the same?

Here's the tub we were looking at getting, I'd love some feedback from those of you that may have one.  

Safe Step Walk in Tub

Have any of you ever considered purchasing one of these? If so, what helped you decide which company to go with?  Obviously they're expensive, which is why we were hoping medicare would cover it.  However, now it's looking like we're going to have to pay cash and Safe Step was the least expensive and most attractive option out of the ones we looked at.
Kudos
Views
Replies