How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Why can't I get Silver Sneakers with my AARP Plan F in Oregon?

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)

Just go to this link and put in your state or any state and it tells you what supplement plans offer a silversneakers benefit.  

i.e. Oregon only AARP medicare advantage plans offer silversneakers.

Ohio AARP supplemental and advantage plans both offer silversneakers.

https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/HealthPlans

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (308 Views)

BTW, if you want to contact AARP about benefits, here is the direction:

AARP Contact Info - Questions about Benefits and Discounts

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (313 Views)

deegeewhy wrote:

Thanks. I realize from other posts that it is up to the carrier.  I was hoping I might get an explanation from an AARP or a UHC representative as to WHY it is not offered in Oregon while it is available in other states.

I can find NO AARP-UHC supplemental plan that offers Silver Sneakers, in fact the web page has been removed on the AARP website.

However, on the Silver Sneakers website it still has it up - AARP Supplement Plans by United Health Care.

https://www.silversneakers.com/aarp/

You can check what plans offer Silver Sneakers in your state by checking the Silver Sneakers website:  Silver Sneakers - Check Eligibility

I am pretty sure what you will find is that it is offered on Medicare Advantage plans but not Supplemental Plans.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

Thanks. I realize from other posts that it is up to the carrier.  I was hoping I might get an explanation from an AARP or a UHC representative as to WHY it is not offered in Oregon while it is available in other states.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 6 (334 Views)

It's completely up to the carrier if they want to offer silver sneakers in a state. One year they might, one year they might not. If your main concern is getting silver sneakers included in your coverage I would look into what providers are currently offering that additional benefits in your state at the time your enrolling. 

Info Seeker

Why can't I get Silver Sneakers with my AARP Plan F in Oregon?

Message 6 of 6 (360 Views)

It's available in some states but I can't seem to find it in Oregon.  Why does UHC provide Silver Sneakers in some states but not in others (specifically Oregon)?

Is UHC phasing out Silver Sneakers?

or

Is UHC going to provide Silver Sneakers in Oregon but they haven't gotten to it yet?  (one customer svc rep actually told me that)?

or

Is it something else?

Please provide me a straight answer !