Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

United Healthcare medicare advantage REWARDS FOR 4 SCREENINGS

Contributor

United Healthcare medicare advantage REWARDS FOR 4 SCREENINGS

rec'd brochure with forms for wellness exam, mammogram, colon cancer, glaucoma screening to be completed by member and doctor, along with results of  various lab tests.  Completed forms  to be returned to UHC in order to qualify for Visa debit card for $40 total for all 4 screenings.  Does anyone know why UHC is doing this?

Contributor

just letting someone know i had all my screenings done.dr michael guffey      and dr hoevanic vison care

0 Kudos
Contributor

Okay I did all mine too I think now we just check them off and pick which card we want gift card that is 

0 Kudos

had flu shot 11/18

0 Kudos

had yearly check up 11/18 - wellness planned 3/19

0 Kudos

I received my complete physical with Dr. Lightner on Feb 21, 2019,[Personal details removed to protect your privacy and personal information from public view]

0 Kudos

doc visit feb 5 2019

0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't see any answers to the questions, mine included, as to how to get the gift cards for completed exams. How does this AARP response system work here online..... I AM TOTALLY LOST HERE~

Thank you

Mary Long Hudson

Honored Social Butterfly

@daeem09

UHC should have sent you something about it - it is their plan.

For 2019, it is called RENEW by UHC or maybe ReNew Active and is only available in selected Medicare Advantage plans - it covers more than just "rewards".  It seems to have been rebranded for 2019 since they are adding more of their own coverage (their own fitness program) to the program concept.

Benefits of Choosing AARP Medicare Plans from United Healthcare

from the link -

Members-Only Health and Wellness Experience

We all want to live a healthier, happier life and Renew by UnitedHealthcare can be your guide. With Renew, you'll have access to inspiring lifestyle tips, learning activities, videos, recipes, interactive health tools, rewards and more—all designed to help you live your best life at no additional cost to you *

* Renew by UnitedHealthcare is not available for all plans.

Here is more - ( written to health care providers but talks about how members access their account at the bottom of the page)  - also review the footnotes - ReNew is not available with all plans.

RENEW from United Healthcare

Here is an October 2018 News Release about the program - it talks about the new program and some of the state's where it is available.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181010005166/en/UnitedHealthcare-Expands-Fitness-Program-Me...

You can check to see if your particular state location AARP/UHC Medicare Advantage plan is included by trying to log on via the instructions in the link or you can call your UHC Medicare Advantage rep at the contact number provided in the link.

I will also assume that if RENEW by UHC is included in your state specific Medicare Advantage plan for 2019, that there should be some information about it that came with your policy.

Sorry - that's all I got - it is not my plan, nor am I associated with UHC or AARP.

Just thought I would share what I found on the www.  Good Luck.

Appears to me that these AARP Medicare plans from UHC have really failed in communicating the concept and procedures in this new health and wellness program.

Remember that Medicare Advantage plans can change every year in their offerings of "special or added" benefits, network providers and specific coverages.  That's why there is that period of time yearly known as Open Enrollment - a time when seniors can scrutinize Medicare Advantage plans (and Part D plans) to make sure they pick the best plan for your health.  If these "special" programs and benefits are important to you, you have to make sure that they are still included and how they will work for the coming year.

Sounds like you might have to verify IF any rewards which you might have earned in the previous year are still good or transferable.

I have no idea.  Call your plan rep.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Ho do I report my screenings?

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I get to the form to fill out to report my screenings I have had for the renew rewards???

0 Kudos

I have my dates here for my rewards

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have completed three heath care activities:

1) Annual Physical/Wellness Visit: 2.18.18 with Jose Kogan, MD at NSUHS

2) Colonoscopy: 8.7.18 with Anita Spies, MD at NSUHS.

3) Mammogram: 9.24.18 at NSUHS

Mary N Long Hudson

0 Kudos
Contributor

Got 2 walmart gift cards in the mail as "rewards" for screening and vax. But when going onto the Walmart site it shows the cards are no good????

0 Kudos

I went to walmart today and was told that my $15 gift card I received for having a physical was no good. I called the number on the back of the card and got no where. I went on to the website for the cards and it shows nothing on the card.

thanks

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MargoA777217 wrote:

Got 2 walmart gift cards in the mail as "rewards" for screening and vax. But when going onto the Walmart site it shows the cards are no good????

Maybe you had better call your insurance company.

0 Kudos

I've been on computer for 2 hours now and still cannot figure out how to get my rewards gift cards ...Is this one of the brain games ?

I had annual physical done on 1/22/2018

i took a flu shot on 10/16/2018

i was told my next colon cancer screening is in 2020

0 Kudos
Contributor

I attempted to fill out tis form on 1/11/2019 an was unable to do so.  I m not computer literate.  Thus, I atempted to call and was told that all of my 2018 activities were outdated.  I don,t understand. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@p559675m wrote:

I've been on computer for 2 hours now and still cannot figure out how to get my rewards gift cards ...Is this one of the brain games ?

I assume you are talking about the rewards gift card for selected preventive care by members of UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage health plans.

I do NOT know if it is still going on; it is NOT my insurance but from an earlier post on the subject, here is the details about it for 2015 and at the end of the document (page 2) there is a phone number and a web site address.  So maybe you need to contact them for up-to-date info.

AARP UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage - My Annual Care Check List 2015 Rewards Program

Once you have found out the information, please come back and tell us what you have found because several people have asked about it and it would be nice to have some updated information.

0 Kudos

Had a wellness exam and mammogram done
0 Kudos

Had one in April 2016
0 Kudos
Contributor

Just had a exam on June 21 

John J Castillo
0 Kudos
Contributor

In United Healthcare website look for Renew Rewards

0 Kudos

Simple math, by keeping you healthy with early diagnosis and treatment, they save a ton of money in treatement. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound to treatment. Win, win situation.

0 Kudos

I was a member of aarp and united health since 2012.When I enrolled I and many of my friends were told that united heath was a supplement to medicare,but in realty united health and medicare are one in the same and united health takes the place of medicare. United health is not a supplement insurance. I am now a 100 percent disabled vet and get all my care from the veterans and my drugs are also supplied by the veterans. I notified united health That I no longer wanted their policy in dec of last year. I am being told that this was never taking care on their part I and I owe premiums four 4 months
I no longer belong to aarp because they recamened united health and I do not recamened United health to anyone. So senior beware.
0 Kudos

Keeping everyone healthy saves them money

I had a diabetic eye exam on Aug 19,2015.  Is there additional reports needed?  If so let me know as soon as possible.  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had my eye exam on April 22, 2016

John J Castillo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP