Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

United Health Care is Alarming

Been trying for months to get a refund from UHC. I switched to Blue shield in December of 2020. Unfortunately i forgot to cancel automatic payments. UHC continued to take my dues for two additional months after cancelling.  Customer service said they are only authorized to return one month. which i received 40 days later. I called about other payment owed to me. they gave me an address in Georgia to send proof of coverage from January1 2021. To this date NOTHING!  so i called again for the 4th time. after getting the runaround  , Second agent asked what address i sent proof to? UHC billing Division po box 105332 Atlanta GA 30348. Agent tells me wrong box number should be 105331 !   I said a company your size post office threw my letter away?  I told her i was going to small claims court! she said have a nice day.. Shame on UHC   i will never go back to them...

Bronze Conversationalist

My mental health provider colleagues who accepted UHC have said they are terrible at paying providers in a reasonable time, too. Not a good sign.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@StevenH298027 

Are you talking about a Medicare Medigap (supplemental) plan? 

If so, there is a 30-day free look period so this might be part of the problem in the delay of the refund.

Medicare.gov - Switching Medigap Policies 

As with most things with Medicare, it is good to follow the directions specifically so as to not confuse anybody  .

From the link ~

How to switch Medigap policies

Call the new insurance company and arrange to apply for your new Medigap policy. If your application is accepted, call your current insurance company, and ask for your coverage to end. The insurance company can tell you how to submit a request to end your coverage.

Medigap free-look period

You have 30 days to decide if you want to keep the new Medigap policy. This is called your "free look period." The 30-day free look period starts when you get your new Medigap policy. You'll need to pay both premiums for one month.

Don't cancel your first Medigap policy until you've decided to keep the second Medigap policy. On the application for the new Medigap policy, you'll have to promise that you'll cancel your first policy.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP