Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The Renew Active fitness benefit isn't available

Contributor

The Renew Active fitness benefit isn't available

In November we got a letter that AARP United Healthcare Medicare insurance was dropping Silver Sneakers and replacing it with their own program - Renew Active.  On January 1, I was supposed to go to the myAARPMedicare.com site, log in and get a code to take to my fitness center to start my new membership.  Guess What?  There was no way to do that - the website isn't set up to generate Renew Active codes.  And Customer Service was off for the New Year's holiday until Tuesday, January 3.  So today, January 3, I call UHC, wait 37 minutes to get a representative, who tells me she can't generate a code either and the technical team is working on the problem and try again tomorrow.  So they have known since November that they were stopping our GREAT Silver Sneakers program and starting another program - but their IT department is just now realizing they haven't gotten it together to actually set this up?????

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Many fitness centers can look up the code from your UHC Medicare Supplement insurance card membership number.  That's what my fitness center did.  They have to be able to verify you are on a covered UHC plan or they don't get paid from UHC.  

FWIW- In my area Renew Active offers better fitness center benefits (# of centers, full (not limited) access) than Silver Sneakers.....at least for 2023. 

0 Kudos

Update - In additon to the rise in premiums( for UHC Supp N w/ Wellness) , Fitness Centers are cutting hours for Renew Active members.  Local Lifetime center is reducung  Renew Active hours to 9:30 to 3:00 daily.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello Loretta. I'm here to help! You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP