Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Switch from Plan F to Plan G?

Message 1 of 8

Plan F is only going away for those who turn 65 after 1/1/2020. so the F will remain an option for you. But since the Gov't has announced, we ahve seen F rates increase more rapidly than in years past.  the plan G rates are much more economical.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

As I understand it, Plan F is going away for new sign-ups after 1/1/2020.  Current enrollees in Plan F can keep it indefinitely.  So I do have to go through medical underwriting to change to Plan F.  (My wife is still in her guaranteed-issue period, so she does not.)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8
Its my understanding that plan F is going away soon if it does you should be able to switch without medical underwriting at that time. check out the plan F date for going away.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Thanks, but I talked with him this morning, and he's going to take care of it.   

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

If your agent still says not to make that move, let me know. Ill be glad to take care of you.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Thanks, Andy, for the informative reply.

We'll be moving to Plan G.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

As an agent myself, i have been moving people to the plan G like no other.  In working with over 30 companies all across the country, i ahve seen the plan F rates rise dramitcally over the past couple years and they will continue to rise.  I recomend the G firt and foremost to my customers.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Switch from Plan F to Plan G?

Message 8 of 8

My wife and I both have Plan F in Kansas. The company we are with is now offering an issue-age Plan G for $371 per year less. Obviously, that’s more than the $183 Part B deductible that Plan G doesn’t cover. My wife is still (barely) within her guaranteed-issue period. I would need to go through medical underwriting to switch, but I think I could probably qualify.

I spoke with our agent this morning, and he is recommending staying with Plan F. He said that 1) he expected the $183 Part B deductible to rise in coming years, and 2) he thought that, because the Plan G offering is new, the company was using a very low rate to attract new sign-ups and that the rate would rise much more than the rate for the long-established Plan F. So he’s recommending to his clients that they stay with Plan F (and that new sign-ups get Plan F).

Does this make sense? Just wanted to get some educated opinions before we make a decision.

Thanks for any help with this!!

Kudos
Views
Replies