Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 42 of 688

Is there going to be a silver sneakers program, yes or no?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 688

Hahaha!!  Smiley HappySmiley LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 688

I think they were just upset over losing SS last year...spellcheck.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 688

Not sure if you're being funny about the word "droped" or about silver sneakers being "droped".

Silver Sneakers was DROPPED by AARP/UHC a year ago and members were offered the opportunity to PAY for a gym membership, which outraged many people. 

The word "droped" was used by the original creater of this thread back when that happened (a year ago). 

I don't know who the creator of this thread is but his/her typo will live in infamy Smiley Happy  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 688

Is aarp silver sneakers being droped ???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 688

I'm going to try to add a picture of the materials I recieved, which came in an envelope that said, "You are among the first to find out!" Inside was a letter, where I've highlighted the wording that makes me believe AARP/UHC plan F will again have access to multiple gyms for free starting in January. For the person who said there are no locations near them, the FAQs said they will follow up on nominations on other closer locations and will try to get them to join the network. At your Best.JPGNo gym near me.JPGMultiple locations.JPG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 688

It would be good news if UHC saw the light and again provides the gym membership benefits they promoted to get customers to choose their plan, just before dropping the benefits.  That said, after checking the Renew Active gym participants list, the nearest one to us is over 40 miles away now.  When we chose the plan, our local fitness center had just completed registering with Silver Sneakers.  They indicated that they could not afford to participate with UHC’s changed program, which occurred shortly after, because the contract would be detrimental to their costs.  Hope that all changes for 2020. Still very disappointed in UHC’s deceptive marketing practices.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 688
You are indeed fortunate, as the AARP/UHC enrollment forms require an active AARP membership number.  

However just maybe, as you posted earlier, there is hope on the horizon for Medigap/Supplemental insurance plan members.  Currently 'Renew  Active' is only for Advantage plan members, but United Healthcare is purportedly offering it as part of the 'At Your Best By UnitedHealthcare' starting January 2020.  Whereas their customer service representatives are not yet aware of this, the sales person I spoke with was able to pull up some preliminary information to indicate it's really going to happen.  If 'Renew Active' becomes available for Supplemental Plans, it will include almost all of the facilities that where available under the 'Silver Sneakers' program.  And you can access multiple gyms.  If true, kudos to AARP/UHC.     
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 688

My AARP UHC Supplemental F is offered through my pension fund (retired teacher) and they do not require us to be AARP members. I never joined, was somehow given a membership for 6 months of last year (that's when i turned 65 and started the new plans), but I was dunned to re-up (pay) this year and didn't. My insurance is still valid. None of our annual enrollment handbooks specify having to join AARP to enroll in AARP UHC plan F

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users