Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 161 of 688

Though a little dated (December '18) here's a link to an article about just this topic: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/04/673249571/unitedhealthcare-customers-are-unhap...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 688

A few UHC plans still have the Silver Sneakers, but the Advantage and Supplemental have been dropped. 

I talked with Silver Sneakers and the representative estimated that the cost to the insurance company was $20-$25 dollars per month per member. I'm sure the new plan must cost at least $1.19 per month. So if they loose enough people, their greed will be appropriately rewarded. 

Send the only message that UHC will understand - get a new policy with a different insurance company.

dcobb
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 688

Silver sneakers called me, and I had already gotten the green light from my gym that everything was a missunderstanding and I could go back to the gym, which I did yesterday.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 688

Is SilverSneakers giving a grace period.  I could still use the SilverSneakers at la fitness’ in California when are they going to cut us off

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 688

I was lucky, I had heard there was a change.  But when I phoned UHC they said "there is no date to end the program in Calfornia - but that it was happening in other states"

On my next visit to the gym they had put up notices suggesting that we check our coverage.  The NEXT time I called UHC they said that yes Silver Sneakers woul NOT be covered in 2019.

This was around December 1st - so I had a few days to change insurers - which I did.

Then around December 14th I got the official notice from UHC.

Geoff

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 688

Who called you??  Your Gym or UHC?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 688

well I myself got a call today from silversneakers and they told me that I could continue going to my gym, there seemed to be a confusion with everybody involved and they seemed to have panicked thed silversneakers members because today I went back to my gym after yesterday that they told me I couldn't so I am glad I am back on.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 688

If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, one may switch from your Medicare Advantage Plan (excluding Medical Savings Accounts, cost plans, and PACE) to another Medicare Advantage Plan, or to Original Medicare with or without a stand-alone prescription drug plan (Part D), during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP).

The MA OEP occurs each year from January 1 through March 31. Remember, you can only use this enrollment period if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan. Changes made during this period take effect the first of the month following the month you enroll. For example, if you switch to a new Medicare Advantage Plan in February, your new coverage begins March 1.

For info, go to https://www.medicareinteractive.org/get-answers/medicare-health-coverage-options/changing-medicare-c... 

or https://medicare.com/medicare-advantage/new-open-enrollment-period-for-medicare-advantage/

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 688

Not a moot point, I switched away from UHC-AARP. I am disgusted with how they cancelled Silver Sneakers suddenly and without enough warning for many to change policies. I was able to switch to Medical Mutual AFTER the Dec 7 deadline because they have opened up a way to move over to them with NO health questions and open enrollment until I think June. If you are unhappy with this dirty trick, check into Medical Mutual now. I not only got Silver Sneakers back, but I am saving money every month!! Same Plan G, same great coverage. This applies to anyone who currrently has a Medicare supplement and wants to change to Med Mutual.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 688

I switched away from UHC-AARP. I am disgusted with how they cancelled Silver Sneakers suddenly and without enough warning for many to change policies. I was able to switch to Medical Mutual AFTER the Dec 7 deadline because they have opened up a way to move over to them with NO health questions and open enrollment until I think June. If you are unhappy with this dirty trick, check into Medical Mutual now. I not only got Silver Sneakers back, but I am saving money every month!! Same Plan G, same great coverage. This applies to anyone who currrently has a Medicare supplement and wants to change to Med Mutual.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users