Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 141 of 603

That only works for the Advantage plan....not the standard Medicare supplement plan by UHC>

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 603

But don't you have to pay 50% of the membership?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 603

I CAN NOT believe they are dropping the Silver Sneakers program.    A means to keep in shape and STAY healthy!  MANY small towns in AZ don't have other options.   I have only been medicare eligible since Oct and chose UHC BECAUSE of silver sneakers.  THEN I get a letter the program is being discontinued.  I AM FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I sent a letter (several actually) stating my dissappontment  and received a call.  They told me there will be other programs, better and will reach more people.  REALLY...here it is the end of December and I have heard NOTHING of any new program.      WHAT in the WORLD were they thinking!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A very FURIOUS member!   

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 603
Here in Flagstaff Az with the new “Bogus” plan AARP/UHC are offering us both my Wife and I would be required to pay 50% each for a membership. That comes out to 100% family membership cost and around $60/moth. AARP and UHC really don’t seem to be attentative to it’s customers.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 145 of 603
Our only options here in Arizona are to drive 20 miles to the YMCA and get in line with all the College Students waiting to use the equipment. AARP and United Healthcare have really make an unnecessary and unfortunate decision on dropping the Silver Sneakers plan in lieu of a totally worthless program. My Wife and I will be changing to Cigna next year.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 603

It’s still not much of a benefit to loose Silver Sneakers and then end up paying 50% of a membership fee. Especially if you and your spouse both will have to pay 50% each,,, seems like that adds up to 100% for 2 folks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 603

@rm7295 wrote:

Still trying to figure out how to connect reply to original post - let's see if 'Quick Reply' button does it better than 'Reply' button.

To identify and "quote" all or part of a particular post you are responding to -

1.  Hit the REPLY button

2.  When the text box appears, Hit the "QUOTE" button

From there you can edit the QUOTE, if needed, and then add your comments, then hit "POST".

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 148 of 603
FYI, The above post was a reply to:
ChadM736467
‎12-20-2018 02:38 PM
What about this link doesn't work? Just enter your state in the drop-down on the destination page and you'll get a list of companies contracted with SilverSneakers:
https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/HealthPlans

Still trying to figure out how to connect reply to original post - let's see if 'Quick Reply' button does it better than 'Reply' button.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 603

Hello, The main reason this link doesn't work at this time is AARP/UHC is dropping Silver Sneakers for 2019, but if you try to look up participating health providers at this time, it only shows participating health providers for 2018. So it does you no good at all when you're losing Silver Sneakers at the end of 2018 and you're trying to find a participating health provider for 2019. So you're out of luck getting any helpful, relevant information with this link / Silver Sneakers webpage. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers and Capping of Plan F to new members

Message 150 of 603

Not sure Medicare discontinuing plan F has anything to do with AARP and UHC dropping silver sneakers.   UHC pays AARP for using their name and that is like 50% of AARP revenue.  Plan F and G are the same except Plan F pays the yearly Medicare $183 deductable. I was told by some rep that some medicare insurance companies will try and up the monthly amount for F depending on medicare's approval (or hope they die off?).  In my case at age 70, Medical Mutual of Ohio charged 134.81 for G (only $6 more than N).  But $181.41 for F or $46.83 more than G.  12 month x 46.83  is much more than $183 deductable.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors