Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 121 of 651

Yep.  Searched for Renew Active and found the following on their website:

In 2019, Renew Active will be available to members of certain eligible plans in the states of AZ, CA, CT, FL, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, and WI.

2. Who can use the program?
Plan members of an eligible Medicare Advantage Plan insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company in participating states can use this program.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 651

Indiana dropped Silver Sneakers for all plans.  The Flip50 may be the way to go.  Would be even better if LA Fitness joined this also.  I use both the Y & La Fitness.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 651

Sorry - the link to the article from NPR did not work as expected.  Let's try this one:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/04/673249571/unitedhealthcare-customers-are-unhapp...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 651

Though a little dated (December '18) here's a link to an article about just this topic: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/04/673249571/unitedhealthcare-customers-are-unhap...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 651

A few UHC plans still have the Silver Sneakers, but the Advantage and Supplemental have been dropped. 

I talked with Silver Sneakers and the representative estimated that the cost to the insurance company was $20-$25 dollars per month per member. I'm sure the new plan must cost at least $1.19 per month. So if they loose enough people, their greed will be appropriately rewarded. 

Send the only message that UHC will understand - get a new policy with a different insurance company.

dcobb
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 651

Silver sneakers called me, and I had already gotten the green light from my gym that everything was a missunderstanding and I could go back to the gym, which I did yesterday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 651

Is SilverSneakers giving a grace period.  I could still use the SilverSneakers at la fitness’ in California when are they going to cut us off

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 651

I was lucky, I had heard there was a change.  But when I phoned UHC they said "there is no date to end the program in Calfornia - but that it was happening in other states"

On my next visit to the gym they had put up notices suggesting that we check our coverage.  The NEXT time I called UHC they said that yes Silver Sneakers woul NOT be covered in 2019.

This was around December 1st - so I had a few days to change insurers - which I did.

Then around December 14th I got the official notice from UHC.

Geoff

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 651

Who called you??  Your Gym or UHC?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 651

well I myself got a call today from silversneakers and they told me that I could continue going to my gym, there seemed to be a confusion with everybody involved and they seemed to have panicked thed silversneakers members because today I went back to my gym after yesterday that they told me I couldn't so I am glad I am back on.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors