Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 201 of 666

Everyone needs to write a letter to UHC, since they don't have an email address and let them know of our extreme dissappointment!!!

United Health Care

POBox 30607

Salt Lake City, Utah   84130-0607

Flood them with letters!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 666

AARP has made a bad decision. I will not join AARP again and will use United Healthcare again. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 666

This is so very typical.  My premium increased $28.00 a month for 2019 and you drop Silver Sneakers.  Take it to the bank I will be changing plans in the very near future.  We will also be discontinuing our AARP Membership that we have been part of for the past 18 years.  So very disappointed in AARP United Healthcare...

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 666

That only works for the Advantage plan....not the standard Medicare supplement plan by UHC>

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 666

But don't you have to pay 50% of the membership?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 666

I CAN NOT believe they are dropping the Silver Sneakers program.    A means to keep in shape and STAY healthy!  MANY small towns in AZ don't have other options.   I have only been medicare eligible since Oct and chose UHC BECAUSE of silver sneakers.  THEN I get a letter the program is being discontinued.  I AM FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I sent a letter (several actually) stating my dissappontment  and received a call.  They told me there will be other programs, better and will reach more people.  REALLY...here it is the end of December and I have heard NOTHING of any new program.      WHAT in the WORLD were they thinking!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A very FURIOUS member!   

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 666
Here in Flagstaff Az with the new “Bogus” plan AARP/UHC are offering us both my Wife and I would be required to pay 50% each for a membership. That comes out to 100% family membership cost and around $60/moth. AARP and UHC really don’t seem to be attentative to it’s customers.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 666
Our only options here in Arizona are to drive 20 miles to the YMCA and get in line with all the College Students waiting to use the equipment. AARP and United Healthcare have really make an unnecessary and unfortunate decision on dropping the Silver Sneakers plan in lieu of a totally worthless program. My Wife and I will be changing to Cigna next year.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 666

It’s still not much of a benefit to loose Silver Sneakers and then end up paying 50% of a membership fee. Especially if you and your spouse both will have to pay 50% each,,, seems like that adds up to 100% for 2 folks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 666

@rm7295 wrote:

Still trying to figure out how to connect reply to original post - let's see if 'Quick Reply' button does it better than 'Reply' button.

To identify and "quote" all or part of a particular post you are responding to -

1.  Hit the REPLY button

2.  When the text box appears, Hit the "QUOTE" button

From there you can edit the QUOTE, if needed, and then add your comments, then hit "POST".

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views