Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 511 of 651
Humana
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 512 of 651

Humana  still includes  SLIPPERS !!     looking to switch plans..   united health  pays AARP   fees to advertise .. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 513 of 651

My wife and I also are VERY disappointed that AARP/UHC are dropping silver sneakers.

With health care costs soaring it really seems that encouraging people to excersize and stay healthy would benefit everyone.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 514 of 651

Do you have any information on any plans that could have Silver Sneakers

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 515 of 651

I too am very disappointed about AARP and UHC dropping the Silver Sneaker program. Having bad knees, the only exercise I can comfortably do is swim. The YMCA does not have a pool in my area. It has been a joy having 24 Hour Fitness and the Silver Sneakers program that has given me access to pools that otherewise,  I could not afford to go to. Sure wish UHC and AARP would reconsider this decision. Feeling very discouraged,

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 516 of 651
We totally agree and are looking for another insurance provider and urging all our AARP friends to do the same.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 517 of 651

I agree with what others have said. This was one of the reasons I went with this plan. Time to do some research I guess. Very, very disappointing.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 518 of 651

Very disappointed to hear about this.  Silver Sneakers was one of the reasons I chose AARP/United Healthcare.  I'll do some comparison shopping and see what else is available that has Silver Sneakers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 519 of 651

I just received a letter in the mail telling me that AARP UnitedHealthcare is dropping Silver Sneakers on Jan 1 2019 for those of us in AZ with Medigap insurance. I am still in my 6 mo window for applying for a plan and after contacting my agent,

will now go with BCBS who offer Silver and Fit at my local YMCA. The only reason I went with AARP in the first place was because I wanted the Silver Sneakers program. They offered us the chance to join their Optum fitness program and pay half the cost for membership for me and my husband at the YMCA. NO THANK YOU! Will drop my AARP membership as well. Good luck everyone!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 520 of 651

For sure.  AARP is selling the right to use their name as an endorser.  What is most annoying is how AARP always portrays itself as being the hero fighting for seniors.  This is not the first thing that doesn't sound right.  I keep getting solicited by The Hartford Insurance Company which is endorsed by AARP.  Over the past 20 years I have called them twice to see what their rates are and they are three times as much as I am paying with my current insurance.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors