Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 481 of 603

Many of the (state specific) prospectuses for 

AARP Medicare Supplement Plans insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company

Contain the following language when any of these (and other) EXTRA bendefits are covered -

SILVERSNEAKERS®
AARP ® VISION DISCOUNTS
NURSE HEALTHLINE

Disclaimer: 
These are additional insured member services apart from the AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan benefits, are not insurance programs, are subject to geographical availability, and may be discontinued at any time.

So make sure you read the small print especially for Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) plans offered by any insurer.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 482 of 603

I agree!  And plan to do the same.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 483 of 603

The deciding factor for enrolling with AARP United Heath Care was Silver Sneakers. Looking at other options now. Shame on you for changing the terms.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 484 of 603

Optum is only availble with the Advantage Plan and not Supplemental insurance.  I was told that it is also going to be discontinued.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 485 of 603

The letter from AARP/UHC is a sham.  I'm in AZ, and one of the listed participating fitness centers, 

Curves, has closed most of it's fitness centers and will all be closed in AZ by the end of this year.

I approached the manager of my current fitness center with the SS termination letter and was told that AARP/UHC is asking the listed locations to provide a 50% discount but not providing any compensation to offset the retail rate. They have refused to offer any discount under this program.  I tried another listed provider and was told the same thing. 

The bottom line is that UHC is getting out of the fitness program and trying to force fitness centers to discount their prices to retain some members.  I've also been told that AARP might end it's endorsement of any Medicare plan and will be of no assistance in our plight.  This was a decision made by UHC and I doubt if complaining to AARP will make any difference. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 486 of 603

I I use silver sneakers all the time also my husband very disappointed it will be canceled. Will be going elsewhere for insurance this october. No worry we will find someone who cares about us older ones. Shame on you. Good byyyyyy.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 487 of 603

Roxanne when you get the recommendations for CA insurance with SS, please share with the group!

Thanks, Chris

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 488 of 603

Yeah, I'm in California and  my birthday is in August.  Unfortunately, AARP/UHC was not transparent to me at that time and I had no idea they were taking away my Silver Sneakers benefit.  A  lie of omission?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 489 of 603

it will be when you figure out UHC prices will go up too, next year. my guess about the 2nd month.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 490 of 603
I for one am still trying to understand how the biggest 1%'er ever got elected by the people. OH I forgot the republicans own the voting machines companies and software. lets go to paper ballots!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors