Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 521 of 625

Very disappointed you are dropping Silver Sneakers.  The main reason I chose AARP supplemental was Silver Sneakers was included which justified the higher price.  Please reconsider.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 522 of 625

I haven’t seen a reply from an AARP representative explaining this decision. Do they still  endorse United Healthcare or are they looking into alternatives?  Are they listening?  Where are you AARP?  Do you really care about Seniors and their health?  We shall see........

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 523 of 625

I chose UHC over my husband's objections because I thought the AARP endorsement meant something. Plus, I could justify in my own mind paying a higher premium than he pays because I got a free membership to the local YMCA. I was impressed that UHC promoted wellness by giving members an incentive to exercise. Now they are taking that away and I see no reason not to switch to less expensive coverage. Perhaps I will apply the savings to purchasing more exercise DVDs to use at home. Very disappointed in AARP for not helping us keep this benefit!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 524 of 625

I absolutely agree. I have been a member at our local Wellness Center for many years, and now with yet another premium rate increase for 2019, higher drug prices and just about everything else, I may have to discontinue my membership.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 525 of 625

It doesn't appear that all "F" plans are losing this benefit -- shame on United Health Care!  They market with attractive benefits and rates, and then reduce the benefits and consistently raise rates.  AARP needs to re-think their branding and providing Good Housekeeping seal to UHC.  I plan to contact AARP to register a complaint.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 526 of 625

The huge problem as I see it is that under the advantage plans you are allowing decisions to be made for you as to hospitals and doctors that are available for you to use. Today it may look look like you are getting alot for a little however down the road they can start trimming the benefits back such as they did with the Silver Sneaker program. Caveat emptor....buyer beware.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 527 of 625

As if healthcare costs for seniors aren't high enough, UHC decides to stick it to us, again. 

Got to re-think who my insurer will be next year. AARP - you have to stick up for us! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 528 of 625

I suspect that United Health Care's traditional Medigap insurance is being down graded so that people will be motivated to switch to United Health Care's Medicare Advantage insurance which often publicizes the Untied Health Care Advantage Optum  services. Optum pays for a lot of gym memberships, classes. United Health Care is probably doing this because the Federal Medicare payments to Advantage plans gives the insurance companies more profit than the Federal payments to traditional Medicare insurance plans. As they say, always look for the money trail.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 529 of 625

Since posting my opinion I have done a little research on line and thus far I have found no other companies that just offer supplement insurance.  All the companies I find in this State offer only Medicare Advantage plans. 

My only other thought is you would think a health insurers would want its subscribers to participate in a healthy lifestyle.  The reverse is true, you would think they would want to keep those of us that do.  Don't they make more money if people are healthy and make less claims?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 530 of 625
Californians get no help with the bill. Why were we excluded?
Kudos
Views