Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 651 of 688

I’m getting ready to enroll.  No UHC for me.  UHC makes obscene money.  AARP should drop their endorsement for the UHC supplemental plans.  I love the YMCA.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 652 of 688

My wife and I received the notice today that the AARP Supplement Plan will drop Silver Sneakers. Accordingly, we will drop the AARP Supplement Plan and we will both drop out of AARP.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 653 of 688

This is totally disgusting.  I attend the Silver Sneakers classes at our local pool 3 times a week along with about 30 others.  We are trying to stay healthy but  it seems you would rather pay for medical care than for programs to keep us healthy. On top of everything else, you raised  our premiums. The seniors cannot afford to pay pool fees.  Big Corporate has won again.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 654 of 688

I will at least take a look at the plans that continue to offer Silver Sneakers.

The proposed replaced plan put forward by United Healthcare is not even close to the Silver Sneakers plan. First you need to pay 50% assuming your Y or gym participates; also the number of gyms you can go to is more limited.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 655 of 688

For those wanting to change Medgap coverage please also read : https://medicare.com/medicare-supplement/switching-medigap-policies/ . Use a Licensed Health Insurance Broker in your state to make the changes.!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 656 of 688

I think this also reduces the value of belonging to AARP.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 657 of 688
Sorry this didn't attach when I responded.
Go to this website to find which medicare insurance that offers Silver Sneakers: https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/HealthPlans
Again, looks like this is for 2018. Hope it updates for 2019.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 658 of 688
This site shows this year. Hope it updates.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 659 of 688

Silver Sneakers is also being dropped in North Carolina. As others have stated this will be another dent in our monthly retirement budget if we choose to continue our exercise program at the YMCA.  It has been such a treat to be able to join the Y and take advantage of the programs offered.  I  guess it's more important for United Health Care to make more profit.  Just shows you that many, many seniors were taking advantage of Silver Sneakers that they started to loose money.  All they have done is take away something good and NOT give anything better.  Maybe for them but not better for seniors.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 660 of 688

It's time for AARP to look into changing their recommended Medigap carrier from United Health Care. The discontinuance of the Silver Sneakers program in Ohio is just another method of raising premiums in a non transparent manner. At the least the premiums should have been reduced to reflect the loss of coverage. Medical Mutual and well as many other carriers continue to have Silver Sneakers in their program.Time to stop following the endorsed carrier odf AARP and time to look after what is best for me. Very disappointed!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users