Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 631 of 664

For those wanting to change Medgap coverage please also read : https://medicare.com/medicare-supplement/switching-medigap-policies/ . Use a Licensed Health Insurance Broker in your state to make the changes.!!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 632 of 664

I think this also reduces the value of belonging to AARP.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 633 of 664
Sorry this didn't attach when I responded.
Go to this website to find which medicare insurance that offers Silver Sneakers: https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/HealthPlans
Again, looks like this is for 2018. Hope it updates for 2019.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 634 of 664
This site shows this year. Hope it updates.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 635 of 664

Silver Sneakers is also being dropped in North Carolina. As others have stated this will be another dent in our monthly retirement budget if we choose to continue our exercise program at the YMCA.  It has been such a treat to be able to join the Y and take advantage of the programs offered.  I  guess it's more important for United Health Care to make more profit.  Just shows you that many, many seniors were taking advantage of Silver Sneakers that they started to loose money.  All they have done is take away something good and NOT give anything better.  Maybe for them but not better for seniors.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 636 of 664

It's time for AARP to look into changing their recommended Medigap carrier from United Health Care. The discontinuance of the Silver Sneakers program in Ohio is just another method of raising premiums in a non transparent manner. At the least the premiums should have been reduced to reflect the loss of coverage. Medical Mutual and well as many other carriers continue to have Silver Sneakers in their program.Time to stop following the endorsed carrier odf AARP and time to look after what is best for me. Very disappointed!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 637 of 664

Go to this website to find which medicare insurance that offers Silver Sneakers: https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/HealthPlans

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 638 of 664

In Ohio Anthem, Medical Mutual and Humana medicare supplement plans offer "Silver Sneakers" . Of course most medicare advantage plans do the same. It's best to an insurance broker to make the switch!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Just a Caution about changing plans

Message 639 of 664

Several of you are talking about changing Medicare plans because the Silver Sneakers (specific) program has been discontinued in connection with the plan, just be cautious.

If you currently have a Medicare Advantage plan, you can switch during open enrollment that begins in a few weeks, no problem there - pick the best one you want within your area.

However, if it is a Medicare supplemental plan ( Medigap ) which you have that works with the traditional Medicare program, changing to another Medigap plan under a different insurer might not be quite as easy.  Just work with a knowledgeable person or make sure you understand the rules connected to a change in a Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) Insurer.  Reference the subject on Medicare.gov and any state specific rules that may help or hinder such a change.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 640 of 664

I received notice that United Health Care Insurance Company will no longer offer the Silver Sneakers Program in Ohio.

I am on a limited income and this was a valuable benefit that I used weekly! You offer a YMCA discounted membership at a discount of 50% in its place-this will cut into my meager income.

So now you can increase your stock dividend. and your executive compensation with the additional income that this cost saving will provide the company.

Your form letter begins “As you known, at UnitedHealth care, we are committed to providing you with a wide variety of health and well services “. You do have a commitment but the commitment is not to my health but to greater profits!

Keith A. Mann

1175 Calla Road East, A123

Poland, Ohio 44514

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors