Make Your Weekends Even Longer. Add an Extra Day With Easy and Affordable Ideas From AARP Travel. Let's Go

Info Seeker

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 1 of 6

Go to silversneakers.com to check your eligibility. I did and my membership is with them, not UnitedHealthcare. You can print out your card there.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 6

I was upset when I saw this and I went to silversneakers.com and I am still eligible for silver sneakers and could print out a card with my member number. You don’t need United Health Care to get the benefit.

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 6

That is one of the primary reasons I signed up with AARP-United Health Care. Doesn't that put people at risk of paying much higher premiums after switching to a 2nd Medicare Health Company??

Liz

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 6

interesting, I will have to check it out before the window closes.

AARP should have been on top of this and gave us a warning while finding a insurer

that wants their clients to stay healthy.

also to note since United Healthcare reported today they say their income will go

up next year...

NOT if there is a swarm of folks who sign up with another insurance company!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 6

I noticed that Aetna is offering Silver Sneakers in 2018, replacing their current program, Silver & Fit. 

Conversationalist

Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 6 of 6

I guess like all who have the "silver sneakers" card will become another worthless trash item.

United Health Care will discontinue your membership starting 1/1/18.

I am glad I went and purchased my own gym since but it is my guess that many others

do not have the money or the room for it like I do.

I had been using mine for treadmill and sauna during the cold times. the rest of the year i was

wlaking locally or golf course walking and swinging.

I think AARP might just search out another insurance company....as I might do on my own.....