Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All

Message 81 of 98
noniet01, I live in So Oregon and pay for the highest Regence Medadvantage Part C & D. They offer Silver Sneakers and only covers, "Curves" & has no pool, around 600 sf & no one to help with equipment. With Chondo Chondritis my Dr has prescribed me to swim, for low impact Stretching. Silver Sneakers doesn't even cover YMCA with this expensive MEDICARE Advantage PPO $246.00 out of pocket per month. I need Club Northwest Gym that's clean and huge with a saltwater long length pool, perfect for my illnesses, Agoraphobic (not a lot of people around) & my Chondritis, Diabetes Neuropathy, Back pain, Chronic Pain.The best insurances stink when it comes to us needing excersize. Curves is just equipment that Seniors don't get help how to use in Rogue River, OR 97537. Curves is to tone & build muscle not help with I'll Disabled and/or Seniors. Insurance should at least pay up to 75% for a Drs Script on what kind of excersize we need and the club that has it within 20 miles round trip. I'm just so furious, they will end up paying more in health problems, Surgeries, etc. STUPID & IGNORANCE in MEDICARE Insurances!
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 82 of 98
I am moving to Florida and United Health care don't support Silver Sneakers there. I just joined a wonderful YMCA only to find out that as soon as I become a resident I will lose it.AARP should bring some pressure on United Health care to include this in all states, not just a select few.
Info Seeker

Message 83 of 98

MAYBE IF EVERYBODY WOULD SWITCH TO HUMANA INSURANCE, UNITED HEALTHCARE WOULD WAKE UP AND RECONSIDER OFFERING THE SILVER SNEAKERS PLAN.

Info Seeker

Message 84 of 98
Spoiler

Just go to Silversneakers.com and follow their instructions on their website.

Info Seeker

Message 85 of 98

I live in Alabama and have been enjoying a free membership at the YMCA which is a wonderful gym and pool for the last 2 years.  I just got a letter from AARP (United Healthcare) saying they were no longer going to offer Silver Sneakers in Alabama.  I'm really upset that they are so ignorant not to realize the preventative health care is well worth their paying for gym memberships.   Humana Supplementary Insurance does support the Silver Sneakers program here in my city so I'm seriously thinking about switching over to them!

Info Seeker

Message 86 of 98
Big zip code big Perks. Little zip code no Perks. I am paying more for plan November than others pay for plan For yet they get free membership to YMCA as Perks. What makes me less deserving to be healthy? Shame on you AARP/United Health
Marie D
Info Seeker

Message 87 of 98

Where are the gyms in Lubbock, Texas that recognize AARP membership free?

Info Seeker

Message 88 of 98

I am covered in NJ for Silver Sneakers.  I would love a Zimba, that isn't so fast.  I love fast dancing but, I rather go slow.  Love the R&B, that would be soooo sexy

Info Seeker

Message 89 of 98

On a second note it covers some supplemental plan members in certain states.  I live in Oregon and it is not covered here unless you are an advantage plan member.  I don't know why, can anyone enlighten me.  I would like to be able to go to a gym.  Again Pooey.

Info Seeker

Message 90 of 98

Doesnt cover the gym membership.  Looks like for the high price you pay that they dont offer silver sneakers anymore for the medicare supplement plan.  I am extremely disappointed.  Their is another type called silver and fit, but they don't have that either. Pooey