Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All

Message 161 of 166

According to the    Silver Sneakers Website,     this UHC plan in MA has the benefit.

AARP MedicareComplete Choice
AARP MedicareComplete Choice Phone Number UnitedHealthcare Members please call the number on the back of your health plan ID card. Web site www.AARPMedicarePlans.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Course it is always best to verify any coverage.
There were other insurers listed too - but annual enrollment is now over for changes for this year.

As with other health insurance, you have to balance out your prioritized needs with the plans.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 166
I pay my dues to United Healthcare and they do not cover silver sneakers anyplace in Massachussets.Promised prevention???
They would rather cover very expensive surgeries NOT prevention by physical exercises suited for elders.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 166

information about silversneakers can be gained by going to their website silversneakers.com.  It's a rather popular added perk, and even more so for people that live in more populated areas, where there's a wider choice of places.  You would simply put in your zipcode, and it would give you the addresses of the nearest facilities to you. 

Twitter: @LHIS_Lance

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 166

I don't even know how to join Silver Sneakers.  How do you go about it?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All

Message 165 of 166
Are you happy with the gym selected for free membership by the Silver Sneaker bunch?  Well I am not.  I live near Grass Valley Ca., and the gym selected is old and moldy.  You cannot swim in their pool because there is a huge mass of chlorine gas lurking over it, which swimmers have to choke through.   It is very unhealthy.   They are overcrowded, fail to have even meagre comfort amenities, like benches in the dressing rooms.  I don't like it.

There is another gym in town that totally fits my requirements.  Open, spacious, a delightful and very large pool area, and yet, I can't take advantage of my Unitedhealthcare perk to join it. 

I joined UNitedhjealthcare because I felt I could justify the premium it covered gym membership.  Well it does, but not for me.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All

Message 165 of 166
Are you happy with the gym selected for free membership by the Silver Sneaker bunch?  Well I am not.  I live near Grass Valley Ca., and the gym selected is old and moldy.  You cannot swim in their pool because there is a huge mass of chlorine gas lurking over it, which swimmers have to choke through.   It is very unhealthy.   They are overcrowded, fail to have even meagre comfort amenities, like benches in the dressing rooms.  I don't like it.

There is another gym in town that totally fits my requirements.  Open, spacious, a delightful and very large pool area, and yet, I can't take advantage of my Unitedhealthcare perk to join it. 

I joined UNitedhjealthcare because I felt I could justify the premium it covered gym membership.  Well it does, but not for me.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Kudos
Views
Replies