Help seniors affected by the California wildfires! Donate now and your gift will be matched up to a total of $300,000.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All For AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance program

Message 1 of 137

Totally agree but according to our local Rec Center (who opted out of their new program), retirees pay 50% of the membership and the Fitness Facility eats the other half because they should be happy to get more members. Who benefits the most from THAT arrangement? It’s a win win for UHC. Yes, they should be ashamed as well as AARP who endorses them, but there is only silence. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All For AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance program

Message 2 of 137

Shame on AARP for providing supplemental plans that does not incourge SAilver Sneekers programs for low cost benefit or free benefit.  Why?  Because we retirees are scammed by AARP whos says that it is an advocate to retirees but provides products that does not promote physical activity wellness for free as with silver sneekers.  United Health Care is scamming reitrees by canceling silver sneekers as a free benefit and now is offering "Personal Health Wellness Resources" program as an alternative.  UHC says the this new benefit is offered free with their premium cost but folks it isn't.  Yoouo will find out the thier new program covers 50% and you will have to pay the balance 50%.  This is another senior scam and you are being scammed by AARP to for letting this happen as our advocate.  This is just anther increase to the UHC premium that you pay.  Shame on both for scamming senior.  Call or write your Senator today.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers One size does not Fit All

Message 3 of 137

@j803478m wrote:

My little gym in Alta Sierra, Grass Valley does not offer Silver Sneakers but the membership for seniors is low and it's close to home.  I wanted silver sneakers for our beach home which is on the central coast so that I didn't have to pay for two memberships.  I may have to look for a supplemental insurance outside of AARP.  the new Training Zone in the Raley's shopping center offers Silver Sneakers but for me it's not close.  I can run to my little gym if I want to get an extra run in.

A second home on the beach and you have to pay for two memberships.  So sad!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 137

My little gym in Alta Sierra, Grass Valley does not offer Silver Sneakers but the membership for seniors is low and it's close to home.  I wanted silver sneakers for our beach home which is on the central coast so that I didn't have to pay for two memberships.  I may have to look for a supplemental insurance outside of AARP.  the new Training Zone in the Raley's shopping center offers Silver Sneakers but for me it's not close.  I can run to my little gym if I want to get an extra run in.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 137

I am also diappointed that Silver sneakers is being dropped.  I have a membership in our local gym but I wanted to use silver sneakers at our second home so I didn't have to have two memberships.

I have supplemental through AARP Plan J which is no longer offered.

I will consider looking for plans outside of AARP.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 137
I'm in Ohio also and my YMCA is not participating.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 137
You still have SS with UHC for next year?
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 137
"AARP believes to be a better fit" ??

1st month free?? Then what?? I've heard nothing from either AARP nor UHC on the subject, other than Silver Sneakers is history.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 137
I received a letter in the mail.
Kudos
Views