Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Price for dental implants

Message 11 of 15

Could I have his name?  I live in Wisconsin and they are quoting around $5,000.  I would be willing to take a trip to California and combine with a winter vacation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

I clinch and grind my teeth.  I broke the root of a crowned tooth located in the back where most chewing is done.  So I HAD to get an implant.  STICKER SHOCK:  The Perio doctor charged $3200.00 for his work.  Now my dentist is charging $1900.00 for the crown - NOT GOLD.  I had 2 implants done in 2007 for a total cost of $5000.00  I can't believe the actual costs have doubled since then!!  I read in last month's AARP magazine that the average cost for the entire process was $1100.00.  They need to vet whoever furnishes such information.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15
I shopped for implants for almost 6 months, even looking off shore, i.e., India, Asia, Mexico, South America and the Bahamas after I was quoted $50,000 for 8 implants w/crowns which included an extraction and a bone graft.  To make a long story short, I found a local (Southern California) Harvard trained surgeon who will have completed my implant work (crowns)  this month.  The work he did was a bit more extensive than what the orginal $50,000 quote was based on.  I will have had the following completed at the end of this journey: 9 implants with crowns, 2 bone grafts, 1 extraction, 1 root canal, a deep root cleaning and all the xrays.  He bills the insurance company for any and all insurance covered expenses.  The total cost is $12,180.  He is an amazing surgeon.  I am extremely impressed with his work.  He's been doing implant surgury for over 30 years, so he's seen most everything regarding implants.  To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.  I have an appointment at the end of this month for the fitting of the crowns and two weeks later their placement.  It will be good to chew againSmiley Happy. He advertises implants including crowns at $1,350 per tooth in pairs.  These are molar prices.  He charges more for front teeth. 
Kudos
Views
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15
In Response to Re: Price for dental implants:
In Response to Price for dental implants : Not a bad price. I paid $2600 + $1100 for the crown. Hated to part with the money but it was a front tooth.
Posted by Chris7715

You can also get low cost dental care at the Dental Schools, if there is one in your area.
Has anyone tried them?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Price for dental implants

Message 15 of 15
I am in need of dental implants and have gotten a quote from an oral surgeon for about $2100 per implant. Does this sound like it's in line with what you are seeing, or should I shop around some more. I am not insured, so this would be the out-of-pocket costs. By the way, I live in California.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors