Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Plan F or Plan G

Message 11 of 11

I been inudated  with Insurance agents encouraging me to switch from my plan F to Plan G. They say it would save me from $300 to $600 per year in premiums and the only difference would be that I would have to pay Medicare`s $185 /year deductible. Sounded like a no brainer until you look a little deeper . When I checked with my current insurance company for a competitive rate they quoted me a Plan G rate $25/month cheaper than Plan F (net savings $115 per year after deductible)  However ,because I had a surgery in January 2019 ,I would have to wait a year to sign up for Plan G.  I also asked my insurance company why their  rate was $30/month more than a competitive insurance company. They said that probably was an introductory rate just to get you hooked then after a year I could probably have up to a  30 % increase in premiums.  My advice to all Plan F insurance recipients-Make sure it is all that is promise before changing plans. It is said that Plan F is going     away in 2020  but current recipients will be grandfathered in indefinitely but will not be offered to new enrollees. So before giving up Plan F make sure you understand all the benefits and consequences. If anyone would care to throw more light on the subject ,it would be appreciated.

Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users