Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optumrx

Message 1 of 4

Good idea. I have been with them for all of 2018 and refused to resign for 2019. Medicare.gov has a website that you can use to look for Part D. You enter all your medications and they list all the plans available in your area with the total cost for the year for your meds including premium cost. It's also broken down my each med and each month. Lets you know what the cost is at any approved pharmacy and also the cost of mail order which is almost always your best option. Only thing they dont tell you is what mail order pharmacy each insurer uses. So I just called in insurance company direct and asked them who they use. That's how I chose SilverScript.

RJG
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I refer to them as OpDumb. I enrolled in August 2018. I started switching prescriptions over in late September. My doctor approved all three maintenance scripts by October 10 (I have proof of this). As of November 10, OpDumb has STILL not be able to get all three set up. It claims repeatedly that it hasn't gotten approval from my MD. "We've contacted your doctor's office several times." This is a bald-faced lie. I even called them and one of their reps said they had the approvals. But they clearly lost one.

So to date, even though I'm paying premiums, I have been unable to fill a single prescription through OpDumb. With open enrollment upon us, I'm going shopping. They were the cheapest, but that only works out if you can actually get your frikken' meds, right?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Optumrx has been bad-mouthed for years. I have no personal experience with them. I get solicitations to join, but I've seen far to many negative reviews to be interested.

I agree that UH could do better. I am perfectly happy with UH, but won't use their pharmacy.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Optumrx

Message 4 of 4

In all the years I have had perscription medicine insurance this is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. It bothers me that UHC (thru AARP) has chosen and kept this company for the mail order meds. They constantly screw up. Deliver meds to wrong address, tell me they dont have the electronic perscription my doctor sent in after I stood there and watch the nurse send it to them. They tell me they can't fill a perscription because my doctor order 'a higher number of doses than are allowed'. I check with the doctor, and no, he sent in the exact same dose he has been for last year. And their web site has been unable to tell me the most of almost half of my meds when I go to order online. Been live that for 4 months.They are so bad that even though it will cost me a little more I am dropping that coverage and going with Silverscript. The use CVS Caremark for their mail order and I used them for years before retiring and never had a problem. So good riddens OptumRx. Hope you get run out of business. 

RJG
Kudos
Views
Replies