Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: OptumRx Robot Call

Message 1 of 2

Hello

Many people actually notice the fraud actions on their side. I would urge purchasers to evade OptumRX no matter what.

A couple of months ago I was charged a $25.80 for transportation that I didn't approve. I was told that it is a known bug or something with their framework. I can't even imagine the sum of cash they have gathered on this from clueless clients particularly elderly people who haven't gotten this. I have even addressed managers who continue disclosing to me they will report this, yet it is the same...

I recorded these discussions with expectations of having somebody in the corporate office tune in to what is being said to individuals. One lady hung up on me.  I am planning to send the calls to our nearby news advocate.

Carol Loomis

Hide signature - - -  Senior advisor volunteering member writemyessayfast - - -

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

OptumRx Robot Call

Message 2 of 2

Today I got a robot call claiming to be from OptumRx calling on behalf of United Healthcare.  The automatic recording provided a number and caller i.d. code for me to use "when I call back."  I am extremely suspicious of "companies," especially in healthcare, that initiate a call to me and ask that it be returned.  That it was a robot call makes it even more dubious.  If you have business with me, send a letter and that will increase my confidence that you are a legitimate enterprise and not a scammer trying to steal my identity.  Just for grins I called back to see what happened knowing I could hang up at any time.  When I did the robot, again, identified my name correctly (so too could hundreds if not thousands by scanning the internet for me), but when it next asked for my date of birth I hung up.  Too much information to give to a robot, and likely only the beginning of even more personal questions that could lead to identify theft.  Has anyone else received the same robot call from OptumRx?  BTW, OptumRx, shame on you if this is in fact your legitimate attempt to reach me.  With the rampant i.d. theft especially targeted at seniors, why would an intelligent person respond?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies