Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 41 of 129

Do Not submit scripts electronically unless you want Optum to fill it automatically. If you EVER give OptumRX a Credit Card they will keep it, store it until your next doctor-submitted prescription, and fill it whether you need it or not, and charge your card. ALWAYS ask your doctor for a printed prescription, and then take it or send it wherever you want it filled. Shop around for the best price. I have received free prescriptions after joining the Kroger savings club for meds which cost me $47 through my plan. Shop around.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 42 of 129

You can't change prescription plans unless you change insurance carriers. OPTUM is UHC's prescription drug plan and it is a part of UHC. You can change insurance carriers in NOV/DEC during change time and possibly choose a new drug plan. But you have to leave UHC.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 43 of 129

I wonder if there is a way to change  plans if you call Medicare to complain. There also may be a time frame to be able to switch. 
Nina

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 44 of 129
Thank you for the help . Our Doctors have submitted scripts electronically and followed all the necessary procedures but this company has continued to make mistakes. We had two more problems since my first post that took hour long phone calls again. I’ve only had one problem with formularies that was resolved by a doctor appeal. Just a total lack of competence on the part of this company.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 45 of 129
One thing that needs to be done is for Congress to mandate companies providing Medicare have their customer service based in the US. It's a mockery of a US Government system being serviced by people from another country. With UHC when I reach an overseas call center - I immediately say 'transfer me to a US call center' and they do so without complaint. I've tried that with Optum and end up with another Philippine's rep who I can barely understand. Try performing a search for how to reach an English language call center rep for Optum, all the results come back about how someone who cannot speak English can reach a rep who speaks their language. So English is not a priority with them. I have emailed their support in the past and received no reply whatsoever. At least in writing it would be more difficult for them to misunderstand you.
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 46 of 129

We're new to Optum Rx as of Jan 2020. So far it has been nothing but a nightmare. They keep trying to fill my mother's perscriptions with the most expensive product they can find. I've been on the phone with them 6 times now for over a total of 12 hours to get this resolved & get their website correct so I can order the correct product easily and efficiently. Nothing! I've been dealing with this for over 4 weeks and they still have everything screwed up. Meanwhile , they created an order that we didn't need yet, and shipped it!    Horrible, Horrible, Horrible company. Run away as fast as you possibly can.

AARP - If you're listening, you need to step in and advocate for the people that are now stuck with your United Healthcare/ Optum Rx affiliate. Drop them like a friggen rock! They need a huge class action lawsuit and subsequent bankrupcy to put them out of their dang misery!

Regards,

Steve & my 95 year old lovely mother Dolly

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 47 of 129
Hi Pamela
You’re Dr should to send refills or new Rx’s  to Optum either via electronic submission, call or fax. There is nothing you can do about their formulary if Rx is not on their list but whoever handles prior authorizations your Drs office can try to do that if your Dr thinks it’s detrimental to your health to change. Do not use the app to refill drugs. Call your Drs office for them to submit them. Not much else I can say. Did you call the phone number I posted? Sorry you’re going though this but Optum insurance is not the best. Good luck. 
Nina
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 48 of 129
Same problems here. I’ve tried to order meds on three occasions each time I had to call. The app is horrible, missing prescriptions or meds listed under the wrong family member. No phone number listed to call and no prices visible until you place the order. Last call was an hour long to get my daughter’s arthritis med. They to deny my request to speak to the Pharmacist. I strongly recommended avoiding this company. Unfortunately we have no choice as it is through my husband’s employer. No customer service and meds are 3x the cost of Medco.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY - HORRIBLE VERY BAD

Message 49 of 129

Hi again 

Did you call 800-971-7658? Just wondering. 
Nina

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY - HORRIBLE VERY BAD

Message 50 of 129

Hi Jim

I know, it's more than terrible. I think calling from a Dr's office made a difference. When you call, do you get an option that asks if you're a patient or calling from a Dr's office? If not, I can call where I used to work to see if I can get that number for you. So sorry you're having trouble. It is unconscionable for anyone not to be able to get their meds. As far as outsourcing... don't get me started. They also have a ridiculous cookie cutter thing they have to go through and you HAVE to tell them you want to speak to their manager, and be persistent. If their manager doesn't help, insist for customer service and don't let them intimidate you. If I were you, I'd switch to Express Scripts any day. They are always polite, helpful and knowledgeable. They transfer you to whom ever can help you. I've even spoken to a pharmacist to ask if there was another pharmaceutical company that made a med I take because the one I was taking bothered my stomach. They gave me a lot of options and I did research on google to see what other people say. You're Dr can indicate on the Rx what brand you want. Also,  If you're on a controlled substance, you can only get a months worth no matter where you go because insurance will not pay for more. Hope this helps and let me know if you need that phone number. 
Nina 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users