Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 11 of 60
Totally agree with all! This company is horribly inefficient. Something needs to be done.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 60

I just had another nightmare experience with Optus RX. Without a doubt, they are the most woefully inadequately run business ever. Hours on the phone with people who cannot answer questions. Here was my question...would you please email me instead of calling me when you need prior approval? The answer was ‘I’m not sure.’ No kidding, the idiot actually said that. I am absolutely outdone with them. But it appears we have no recourse. What would it take to get support from AARP on this?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 60

I have just had yet another unpleasant, time consuming and frustrating experience on the phone with optum.  In the last 2 months there have been so many, it has consumed a total of 20 hours, with no resolutions.  I have even called United Health Care to try to give them feedback on the lack of accuracy, efficiency, and resolution  in the information they give their customers.  There have been more instances than I can recount here.  After spending yet another hour on the phone with UHC trying to straighten out a mess optum made of my statin and blood pressure meds, I gave up and decided to hit the on line sites to give accounts of their horrible service.  One of the last encounters even consisted of an employee asking me if I had ever talked to him before.  I said no and he said there are 10,000 empIoyees at optum and how should he know what any of them had told me in the past. I should give him a chance to solve my problem.  When I told him the problem he said I had called the wrong #, (Even though I was transfered to him by another optum employee) and he hung up on me.  This after I waited 45 moniutes on hold to talk to a human.  I was surprised to see how many reports of similar issues other people have had.  While it was reassuring that I wasn't crazy and not alone in this pain, I was disgusted that they continue to get away with this horrible service.

Buyer beware!  Don't use them!  They can't get it right.  And we are the ones that suffer.  Also, shame on United Healthcare for associating with them and using them to manage their prescription plan.  And Shame on AARP for having their name used in connection with them.

In this day of on line ordering and impersonal purchasing, the loops that are built into this system are trapping the consumer, giving us no way to resolve problems, talk to coherant human beings and removing our ability to problem solve.  What a sad state for all of us.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 60

@bc12559187 wrote:

I have been dealing with this company for 18 months. More often than not, they tell me that an order is in process, when it will ship and arrive but it does not arrive. So I have to go online, check to see if I can determine what went wrong, wind up calling customer service, get little to no useful information, elevate it to a supervisor, get different information, speak to their web team and get yet different information. Almost every order I place takes over 90 minutes of my time.

Their system is supposed to send confirmation of orders via email and text message and is supposed to send notifications if anything is delaying an order. I NEVER have received even one notification for the 12 times orders did not ship and customer service never can tell my what went wrong.

I manage from the East Coast of the US the care of my mother and also my sister who live in Arizona. In virtually every case that I place an order, I have to spend more time on the phone with OptumRx than would be the case if I were to drive 30 minutes round trip to a local pharmacy, wait 20 minutes for the order to be filled, package it up, address it to my mother or sister, drive 10 minutes to the post office, wait 10 minutes to be served, and drive 10 minutes back home.

I am in search of another mail order pharmacy that accepts her insurance and will switch in a heartbeat. OptumRX has the worst customer service I ever have experienced. By the time I get off the phone with them, I am trembling with anger.

Same here my blood pressure must be sky high after dealing with them.  I'd wager there is a high incidence of stroke or heart attack with people that have to deal with them.  I can immediately tell I have reached someone who doesn't understand English from what I believe is a Philippines English accent.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 60

Had a medication order a couple of months ago they decided to ship fedex for no reason but they sent it signature required. 

The fedex man ran up the front stairs left a note on my door and ran back to the truck - they won't call - he didn't even ring the bell.  I could see the back end of the truck as he drove away. I was able to get fedex to have him return and that time I was lucky enough to get him just as he was leaving ANOTHER note on my door saying no one came to the door.  I'm on the third floor and cannot reach the first floor in that kind of time.

I spent well over an hour on the phone with Optum that day telling them fedex delivery isn't going to work for me but since talking to anyone at Optum is like talking to a door here we are again they shipped this next order out Federal Express AGAIN. 

I just got off the phone with someone at Optum - after the phone system asked me several times for different identifying information - the rep who was an obvious English as a third language employee started asking me the same information all over again.  Then AFTER I explained the situation they asked me for the name of the prescription - I said its the only thing whose status on my account is 'in delivery' then they explained that a signature is necessary to which I stated BUT NOT SPECIFICALLY from Fedex. 

A USPS delivery could be held at the Post Office which I'm two city blocks from and I could sign there getting it at 9am when they opened.

That apparently is WAY TOO MUCH for Optum to process so tomorrow I will sit outside my house ALL DAY - because the delivery window is anytime before 8pm and wait for a refrigerated medication that if it doesn't make it to me will GO BAD.

Incompetence personified. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 60

I have been dealing with this company for 18 months. More often than not, they tell me that an order is in process, when it will ship and arrive but it does not arrive. So I have to go online, check to see if I can determine what went wrong, wind up calling customer service, get little to no useful information, elevate it to a supervisor, get different information, speak to their web team and get yet different information. Almost every order I place takes over 90 minutes of my time.

Their system is supposed to send confirmation of orders via email and text message and is supposed to send notifications if anything is delaying an order. I NEVER have received even one notification for the 12 times orders did not ship and customer service never can tell my what went wrong.

I manage from the East Coast of the US the care of my mother and also my sister who live in Arizona. In virtually every case that I place an order, I have to spend more time on the phone with OptumRx than would be the case if I were to drive 30 minutes round trip to a local pharmacy, wait 20 minutes for the order to be filled, package it up, address it to my mother or sister, drive 10 minutes to the post office, wait 10 minutes to be served, and drive 10 minutes back home.

I am in search of another mail order pharmacy that accepts her insurance and will switch in a heartbeat. OptumRX has the worst customer service I ever have experienced. By the time I get off the phone with them, I am trembling with anger.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 60

Optum Rx Tells You Whatever They Think You Want to Hear- True or Not.......

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with either in person or online during my entire lifetime. They have told me various answers about the same insulin order daily while I telephoned them to inquire where my lifesaving drugs were. My insulin in expensive, and no one else will fill it after Optum has claimed the insurance payment- even if I offer to pay for it myself. 

I asked the Optum agent if he used their service. I received perhaps the most honest reply from the company I'd ever had, "I only use Optum for things I don't really need, like allergy medication. I would never rely on them for a drug like insulin". 

From the horses mouth. I received an emergency supply of insulin after my physician called my local Walgreens. My Optum arrived 3 weeks later via Fedex overnight mail, which I was charged for. NEVER AGAIN

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 60

BTW, I just received a response from them stating:

This situation is not ordinary and these incidents are not typical of us. We are very serious when it comes to our client’s satisfaction and have a zero tolerance policy in this respect.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! They should read this forum! 

I was so glad to see here that others are receiving the exact same treatment that I have experienced.

I was beginning to think it was just me.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 60

I whole-heartedly agree. AARP should use their influence on this bumbling, incompetent organization. Their website is a disgrace and they should be embarrassed to display it compared to even the most basic online retailer. It seems that every transaction I've had with them has either resulted in deceit or incompetence. On my latest order, I got a phone message stating that there was an issue to which I needed to respond. When I did, I was told that I hadn't paid for the order. Well, their website will not let you PLACE an order if you don't pay up front. The Optum rep looked it up and said, "oh...I see it is paid". Several days later, I get an email stating that they have contacted my Dr repeatedly with no response - therefore they are CANCELLING the order. Well, my Dr sends me a message each time she approves a script. So, now they have lied to meTWICE on the same order. Then later, I get a second email saying the order will ship. Meanwhile their website gives no useful  information on the order status reflecting any of this. PLEASE AARP!! Do something, as OptumRx clearly has no intention of improving their Customer service on their own. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 60

@lbuilta look for the formulary and tier pricing to change for 2020. Recent "consumer protections" proposed by DC call for more transparency. The "rebates/discounts" from PBM's are supposed to be passed on to the consumer.

I put this in the same category as the promise to close the donut hole which was supposed to result in lower drug prices. What did happen was higher premiums and higher copay's on many drugs, both generic and brand.

If carriers are required to pass along discounts to the consumer you should anticipate a formulary shift resulting in higher copay's.

If you rely on your drug plan to deliver the lowest cost (copay) you will be disappointed. Many times you can get a lower price paying cash or using a discount app like GoodRx.

Same is true if you keep the same drug plan year after year. If you want to save $$ you need to shop your plan every year during open enrollment. Too often consumers think the only reason to change is if there is a change in medication. That is faulty thinking.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/humana-turns-to-game-theory-for-new-medicare-price-structure.html

Bark less. Wag more.
Kudos
Views