Nominations are open for the AARP Purpose Prize, which honors extraordinary individuals who use their life experience to make a better future for all. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 31 of 32

@SarahH845050

There is an official manner which you have to file a dispute with your credit card company - it is a legislated procedure to preserve your rights as a consumer.  The procedure should be outlined by your credit card company on your statement or on their website - it tells you exactly the time limit to file, the address to send your disputed amount details and that the amount will be in limbo on your account until the dispute is resolved.

I believe if you have some proof from the Optum Rx website when you placed your order of the price that was shown and then filed an official dispute with your credit card company, you would have a good chance of recovery.

I don't use OptumRX but are you saying that when you place an order for an Rx with your account number/plan number that they don't give you a page confirming the order and the details like your price for it, where it is being shipped,when it will arrive, tracking info, etc.?

Now, this is the process for credit cards - NOT debit cards.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 32 of 32

If you go to a pharmacy and they hand you a prescription then tell you it cost $160, you have the choice of handing it back.  NOT WITH OPTUM RX.  Website said no co-pay.  Prescription recieved then credit card bill arrives with $160 charge.  Called Optum RX.  They will not accept any return nor issue any refund.  Called Regions Bank to dispute charge.  They refused to accept dispute but charge penalties and interest while reviewing my case and reported a late payment to credit bureaus.  The whole experience has been BAD!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies