Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: OPTUMRX TAKES MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REASON

Message 1 of 3

@MaryannC499911 wrote:

Doesn't AARP United Health Care listen to all of us complaining about the horrendous service we are getting from Optum Rx? Are they blind?

OptumRX, AARP United HealthCare and other United Healthcare plans are ALL  subsidiaries of the United Health Group.

Sorry - don't know why you are others are having problems with them.  I would imagine that if you have a United Healthcare plan of some type, then they are the mail order pharmacy of choice for those plans.  So it seems that you want to change to another mail order provider, you might have to completely change insurance plans.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: OPTUMRX TAKES MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REASON

Message 2 of 3

You are 100% right! They took $250 from my account for medications I no longer needed to take. I even told them twice (two different reps on seperate days) that my Dr said I didn't need to take this med unless I felt it necessary and it wasn't necessary. I told Optum Rx that I no longer needded to take it and of course they sent it, as it was one of the most expensive medications I used to take. This must happen often as when I complained, they told me they would send me a "return packet" to send back the medications. I wonder if they re send returned meds to other patients? Doesn't seem a safe practice, or even legal. I was a nurse for 25 years before I retired, and this is the WORST medical service provider I have ever delt with or heard of. They were fast to take the money out of my account and slow to return it to me. I had other problems with them that are too long to write here, but in the 8 weeks I have been trying to use them, I have had nothing but problems trying to get my medications. Never had any decent customer service yet! I rather pay the money to get my meds from a local pharmacy and save myself the stress. If this insurance wasn't my only choise in the state I live in, they would be long gone. I am no longer using them at all. The stress made my blood pressure go up and my hands shake, I have been so upset. Doesn't AARP United Health Care listen to all of us complaining about the horrendous service we are getting from Optum Rx? Are they blind?

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

OPTUMRX TAKES MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REASON

Message 3 of 3

CHARGES MY DEBIT WHENEVER SUITS THEIR FANCY