Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

Re: New to AARP. Looking for health insurance

Message 1 of 4

I think you may search online.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4

I CANT FIND ANYTHING EATHER

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 4

Hmmm well I came here looking for the same info.  Seems like everything on this site is geared toward Medicare and we are too young for that (plus you need a family plan).  ACA open enrollment may be closed in your state or I'd recommend that for you.  I'm going to retire sometime in the first half of 2018 and will have to find something as ACA enrollment in my state ends on 1/15/18.

I think private insurance is the way to go - Costco used to sell it but no longer, although they do refer people to the provider they used to resell (so you don't have to be a Costco member, just look at their site).  I guess I would look at Sam's or others.  I have a AAA membership, that's a longshot but I'm going to check.   And there are agencies (by state) that sell various products directly, it varies by state.  You may want to consider any groups you belong to that may offer the option to buy in.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Info Seeker

New to AARP. Looking for health insurance

Message 4 of 4

Hi All!

I just started my AARP Membership. Excited to see what's on this site.

I'm a 58, soon to be 59 year old single Mom with a 14 year old son, and we need health insurance...affordable health insurance. I work as a Contractor so I don't have company benefits.

I would appreciate any input, leads and direction. This is a daunting task.

Thanks!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors