Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Medicare Easy Pay made double charge in September 2019

Contributor

Medicare Easy Pay made double charge in September 2019

Heads up!

Medicare Easy Pay made double charge in September 2019!

Just noticed a double charge for my husband this month.  He called and they said they know about the problem and it should be corrected by OCTOBER!

Periodic Contributor

This is the reason that I support Universal Health care, Medicare for all from birth to death, without all these billing codes, confusing payments and co-payments and the accompanying agravation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mine too! Interesting, I found nothing (zero) on Medicare or EasyPay site about issue. Great customer service. Others have called and reproted they were told it might be October before corrected! Hope they are a little faster than DMV and IRS. Put them in charge of the climate and ... well... earth with probably burn up or freeze over before they finish their "studies".

0 Kudos

This happened to me also.  I discovered it on Sept. 20 when I checked my bank account and found two deductions of my monthly medicare premium.  I called Medicare, and a very nice agent said Medicare was aware of the problem, he had been receiving calls about this all day, and the timing of a fix was unknown.  Medicare emailed an announcement about this on Sept. 26.  Quite a wait.  And equally disappointing that Medicare waited until the 26th to post a notice about this on their web site. I feel for people who may have overdrawn bank accounts and banking fees resulting from this error. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I saw a post that Medicare sent and email and updated their website today. I got an email yesterday about getting a flu shot that I got e weeks ago, but nothing on double charging. So after checking to see if maybe I was reimbursed (no) I went to both Medicare and payment websites and still saw nothing. It's interesting that it is affecting so many people (410,000? according to SanFrancisco article posted) and nothing on GMA or local news or major evening news channels that I've seen. Perplexing what get's on the news and what doesn't.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP