Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Medicare Discount Card phone calls

Regular Contributor

Medicare Discount Card phone calls

Surely others must be  getting these calls??  I receive at least 1 to 2 a day from mostly local (California) numbers, a few from Florida or Texas, all of them picked up by voicemail since my IPhone is set to allow only those numbers on my contacts list to ring thru.

every call starts  "HI, I'm from Medicare Discount Card "...I've blocked all of the numbers but new numbers keep getting thru. They always leave a callback number, and I've noticed that many of the calls reference the same few callback numbers.

This has been going on for several months. I am on the national do not call registry. 

Kudos
Views
Replies

I’ve received well over 500 of these calls.  I had to set my phone to only ring if the number is in my contacts which is not very convenient.  I’ve requested to be placed in the do not call list which didn’t help at all.  It’s annoying.

0 Kudos

I get these calls too I live in California, I want the stopped. I block the numbers next day I get a call from a new number, I block it. It goes on and on like this Every single day.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

@BobtheScott scammers and thieves don't care about DNC or call blocker any more than criminals who ignore the "no guns allowed" signs.

You can do what most folks do and refuse to answer your phone if you get a call from an unknown caller. Block the number if it makes you feel better but they have ways to spoof  hundreds of numbers and make it seem like the call is local.

Many times the call originates from outside the country where they are "immune" to DNC lists.

Bark less. Wag more.
Contributor

This is terrible!  I a! Getting 20 to 30 calls a day from Medicare discount cards.  I have a couple of new doctors and have had tests done and don't their internal numbers. I feel I must answer phone calls from my area code should it be them calling.  Medicare discount card callers talk so loud and so fast and say that I contacted them which is NOT true.  This is just total outright harassment.  I hang up but they just call right back........

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

and... I still get several a week, from all kinds of locations... the average has dropped to 3 to 4 per week, so that's progress...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP