Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Medicare Benefits For 2023

I am providing a link https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/2023-medicare-parts-b-premiums-and-deductibles-2023-medicar... to CMS Newsroom advising of changes to the Medicare Program for 2023. Please note that Medicare Part B premiums will be reducing in 2023. Great news!

I want to know why the majority of Medicare plans are State, County, City instead of country wide. I live in Idaho and winter in Arizona, I do not want to be out of network and I am being forced into aa advantage by my employer.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CharlieC371024 wrote:

I want to know why the majority of Medicare plans are State, County, City instead of country wide. I live in Idaho and winter in Arizona, I do not want to be out of network and I am being forced into aa advantage by my employer.

Since most MA plans work by networks, you may have to get a plan outside of your employer's pick if their plan doesn't allow for coverage outside the area.  Your employer is probably providing a retiree plan for the majority of the retirees and may not cover special things like your need here.  

You can either go to Traditional Medicare (with a Medigap plan to limit your financial exposure).  Or as john258 said, find a MA plan for "snowbirds" or perhaps one that is a PPO although your coverage cost will probably be higher in a PPO.  

This is kind of old but I think it is still applicable:

AARP.org - Sept 2009 - Enrolling in Medicare When You're a Snowbird

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

There are now advantage plans which are country wide. The  cost of a benefit to you is the same in and out of Network. Check to see if yours is one of the new ones. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tonster521 

Thank You for posting this valuable information.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@GailL1 You are welcome. I thought all the readers will be happy with the Part B premium reduction for 2023.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Now all you have to do is put it to music, in a game, or a reward and it might get others to read it; better yet, understand it - meaning understanding how it all works at the government level.   🤔

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@GailL1 I agree. The first challenge is getting folks to read. The second challenge is comprehension which is a skill. Anyway, it has been my experience, that even some folks at the government level have a difficult time explaining Medicare. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP