Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Mail order prescription error.

In my prescription refill bottle for the regular 120 tablets of Metformin HCL, 500mg, I found 55 tablets of Hydroxyzine 50mg tablets with rest of Metformin. The refill was sent by Elixir (mail order) Pharmacy LLC, 7835 Freedom Ave NW N Canton, OH 44720. Luckily I caught the error as the Hydroxyzine tablets are much smaller than my regular Metformin tablets..

I will appreciate if members can suggest where to complain regarding this so that they are more careful in the future as I would not like our senior members to end up taking wrong medications. I have already contacted Elixir Pharmacy to no avail. TIA. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@bitiya wrote:

In my prescription refill bottle for the regular 120 tablets of Metformin HCL, 500mg, I found 55 tablets of Hydroxyzine 50mg tablets with rest of Metformin.

I will appreciate if members can suggest where to complain regarding this so that they are more careful in the future as I would not like our senior members to end up taking wrong medications.

I find mail ordering to be the poorest way of getting prescriptions. First, issues like yours which could be easy to handle at a pharmacy, become more difficult. Second, your prescriptions can be stolen from your mail box. Third, with the weather at extremes, such as 100 degree days and 0 degree days, your drugs will be exposed to temperatures they are NOT SUPPOSED to be exposed to.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP