Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Losing health plan

Message 1 of 3

Thanks for reply, GailL1

I'm just starting the 'fun' of finding a new plan. My budget is definetly the big thing here. I have only one medication I need to take daily-am I ever grateful for that ! But next week, month, who knows ?

Having just the one med helps make choices a bit easier. I'll just keep reading, check with Healthcare.gov & see what develops. Any info you care to send, is welcome, too ! 

Sandee2
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Losing health plan

Message 2 of 3

@ss11943859 wrote:

BCBS is dropping my health plan next year. Now comes the real pain-finding a new plan, maybe with another company. Anybody have opinions on the best way to go about this ? There are so many choices, it gives me a headache !  Woman Sad

I am going to assume that you are talking about an individual health insurance plan.

If so, you have to shop around in your area to find the best policy for your health needs, including who is in the network, any medication needs, any special needs you might have or want in the plan, and your pocketbook - copays, coinsurance, deductibles and premiums.

If you are getting a premium subsidy from the government, go to your state's Heathcare marketplace or if your state is one among many that uses the Federally Facilitated Exchange then go to Healthcare.gov and follow the bouncing ball - 

If you don't get a premium subsidy, a local health insurance broker could be of more benefit because they have other plans that are not on the Heathcare Exchange.

Enrollment for 2019 plans start the 1st week in November.

BTW, many choices is a good thing because it builds competition into your local market and should keep down prices somewhat.

If yu are talking about a Medicare affiliated healthcare plan - say that and I can give some general directions for that too.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Losing health plan

Message 3 of 3

BCBS is dropping my health plan next year. Now comes the real pain-finding a new plan, maybe with another company. Anybody have opinions on the best way to go about this ? There are so many choices, it gives me a headache !  Woman Sad

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors