Intrusive Medicare Insurance AARP United Healthcare

I keep getting calls from United Healthcare to push me to their online pharmacy and to allow them to come to my home for a "House call" to consult on my health and care options. WHAT!!! I have a primary care provider...the last thing I want is an insurance company sending their doc here to butt into my care....I understand this is done so they can raise your risk score and get paid more by Medicare...I dont like United Healthcare's approach and will look for a less intrusive insurer next year. Curious as to whether anyone else has been repeatedly contacted by them.

Bronze Conversationalist

@KD779389 sounds like you have an "Advantage" plan, AKA managed care.

The folks calling you are doing what they are supposed to do . . . find ways to save the carrier's money. That's why they are called MANAGED care.

The only way to get away from it is to leave a managed care plan and, IF YOU CAN QUALIFY, go on original Medicare and a supplement plan.

Bark less. Wag more.

Thanks somarco. Good to have an industry perspective on that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health