Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Introduction and Need Advice on How to Pay for Surgery

Contributor

Introduction and Need Advice on How to Pay for Surgery

Hi - I am Alice - not a new AARP member but first timer in the forums.  I am a marketing consultant working for a technology company on demand generation activities.  Tried retirement but found that it really wasn't for me so I went back to work full time after about 18 months of "retirement".  During my spare time, I enjoy reading, knitting and crocheting, needlepoint and sports with my fiance.  

Looking for some guidance, he has testicular cancer and is in need of surgery and with his current insurance the co-pays are crippling us.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how to fund raise.?  I have done "GoFundMe" and appeals to friends and others, but we are still short.  I am not sure if this is the correct forum so would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This may not seem like a lot at first but trust me, it will add up. Have everyone you know donate their plastic bottles to you. Post it on craigslist and any where you can. Also, churches and Catholic Charities could help you. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It may be possible to get medical payments from your city or county.  I know because NYC helped me when I couldn't pay the hospital.  M

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP