AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: I am sick of all these phone calls, UNITED HEALTHCARE

Message 1 of 22 (1,680 Views)

Several Medicare Advantage insurers do this - it is because they hope they can give you a higher risk score so that Medicare will pay them more because they get paid more if you are sicker.

They don't seem to be doing the house calls too much anymore but will call you and ask health questions, especially if you recently went to a doctor.

Here is an article about it from Public Integrity.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2014/06/10/14880/home-where-money-medicare-advantage-plans

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 22 (1,687 Views)
I've gotten a fair number of these calls on my home phone -- since signing up for United HealthCare last year -- and have spoken to someone once, a few weeks ago. I said I have a great relationship with my PCP (which I do) and didn't need the service. SO FAR, I haven't gotten any more calls from them ... but, today, I got a call on my cell phone (which, oddly, went to voice mail but didn't show on my call log!). This was the first time the call has come from something other than an 8** number. I will probably answer if they call again -- if only to get the number on my call log, so I can block it. I, too, have no desire to be inundated with calls from UHC and agree with other commenters' complaints that they don't seem to know how to take no for an answer. I generally think AARP needs to do a MUCH better job of vetting companies before compromising its good name for money. AARP could do a MUCH better job for its members in the area of insurance offerings.
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 22 (1,704 Views)

Now I am getting blasted by these harrassing and illegal calls. I suggest calling/emailing/mailing your ATTORNEY GENERAL in your state and make sure they get the message about this. It is absolutely invasion of privacy and unacceptable. It sounds like we all need a national CLASS ACTION against UHC and the other companies, and possibly against AARP as well for supporting these illegal privacy invasions and harrassment. WE MUST GET IT STOPPED!!!!!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 22 (3,165 Views)

Cigna Health Springs Does The same exact thing, Intimidating  phone calls and they also allow a 3rd party GROUP CALLED "THE ROWLINGS GROUP" TO LOOK INTO AND EXAMINE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS  WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE  OR PERMISSION AND MYSTERIOUSLY YOU'LL RECEIVE A LETTER FROM THE ROWLINGS GROUP ON CIGNA HEALTH SPRINGS STATIONARY, ASKING IF THE REASON YOU VISITED YOU DOCTOR ON A CERTIAN DAY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH A PERSONAL INJURY  CASE, BECAUSE IF SO THEY WANT PAYMENT FOR YOUR TREATMENT THAT THE DOCTOR PROVIDED!!

TOTAL HARASSMENT!  BECAUSE I REFUSED CIGNA HEALTH SPRINGS HOME ASSEMENT VISIT, I NOTICED THIS PATTEREN, I WOULD ALWAYS GET HARASSING CALLS REJECT THE  IN HOME ASSEMENT AND VIOLA A LETTER FROM THE ROWLINGS GROUP QUESTIONING THE REASON AND NATURE OF MY DOCTORS VISIT WOULD APPEAR IN MY MAILBOX WOW, WHAT CAN BE DONE TO PROTECT US FROM THIS TYPE OF HARASSMENT!  

AND OF COURSE CIGNA HEALTH SPRINGS CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES ALWAYS SAY; THEY DON'T KNOW  WHY YOU RECEIVED THE LETTER, AND SORRY IT UPSETS THE MEMBERS TO RECEIVE THEM, BUT CIGNA HIRED THE ROWLINGS GROUP TO DO THESE TYPES OF INVESTIGATIONS, WHAT IS GOING ON, WHERE DO YOU GET HELP FROM THIS FORM OF HARASSMENT.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 22 (4,721 Views)

United Heathcare Housecalls. They have started calling me, too! Their English is not so good and there is no phone ID. I told them I would NEVER let a stranger come to my home. My doctor is only 2 blocks away. Would they like to meet me there? No!

When I asked them, " who is my primary care physician" they hung up. The next day another person called asking me the same thing.

No one in their right mind is going to allow a complete stranger into their home asking personal health questions. Would they? If AARP is allowing this....WHY? If this is legitimate it's a terrible idea.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 22 (9,669 Views)

What is the "bleep" I didn't curse

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 22 (9,703 Views)

I have had the calls for 5 years. I even moved and called today. I think they use an outside service that is an invasion of privacy

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 22 (9,704 Views)

I have had harrassing calls for 5 years now. I complained in **bleep** and today they found me in NC. I told my United rep in Tucson. Nothing could be done to stop these folks. I take good care of myself although I have a number of serious diseases. I too received about 2 to 3 calls weekly for 5 yrs. They have the answers to these questions so why ask them? It is an invasion of privacy. Good luck!

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 22 (10,461 Views)

2017 and these harassing calls are STILL happening! No excuse for it! 4 calls in the last week. I have told them twice to stop calling me and harassing me. They refuse to oisten and flat out LIE to me and tell me Medicare REQUIRES them to call. Thats complete BS. I told them if they had a question about my medical history to call my doctor. Again they lied and said "we cant do that". Ive got them blocked which keeps the phone fro, ringing, but they automated voice mails still pile up telling methey will call again. I will be leaving United Health Care asap, and will not be renewing my AARP membership.

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 22 (13,897 Views)

Phone calls, regular mail advertisements...I dropped my membership in AARP back in 2012 because of UnitedHealthCare harrassment.  Does AARP ever respond to our complaints???