Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I am sick of all these phone calls, UNITED HEALTHCARE

Message 2 of 67

@necolson wrote:

In answer to your question, I have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplement.

Then the phone calls are REALLY WEIRD; they are probably trying to sell you something else or to get you to switch to their MA plan - or it could be someone fishing to get your info.

Medicare.gov - Identity theft: protect yourself 

If from UHC - The health questions may be qualifiers to what product(s) you might have some interest. MA plans give the same benefits as traditional Medicare but in a different way.  MA plans can offer additional benefits not covered by traditional Medicare - it is up to them what but it could be things like transportation to and from appointments, perhaps meal deliveries OTC medication discounts or even something more appealing like a walkin bath - it varies what they offer.

MA plans get part of their Medicare pay for rating you and your health conditions - the more conditions you have, the more Medicare pays the MA plan to take care of your healthcare needs.

But since you don't have a MA plan but instead have traditional Medicare with a Supplemental plan (which is only GAP insurance) then there is nothing I can think of that a MEDIGAP insurer needs from you as far as info on your health - Medicare actually handles your claims and sends them the Medigap insurer for their part of the payment - that is basically all the Medigap insurer does - pay their part of the claim when they get it from Medicare.  If Medicare pays/ doesn't pay - the same is true of the Medigap plan.

Just be careful that you know who you are talking to and what info is given or what info they want and why.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 67

In answer to your question, I have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplement.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 67

@necolson wrote:

I am new to Medicare and to my United Heathcare Supplement. I have to say that I, too, am getting sick of the courtesy calls from United Healthcare. Today's was to tell me that they will be calling in a couple of days with important health related questions.. . . .

. . . . . Any guidance will be welcome because they are getting really annoying.

Just for clarity, @necolson -

You have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplemental (MEDIGAP) Plan from UHC 

OR

You have a Medicare Advantage Plan through UHC

Your answer will depend on your request for any guidance.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 67

I am new to Medicare and to my United Heathcare Supplement. I have to say that I, too, am getting sick of the courtesy calls from United Healthcare. Today's was to tell me that they will be calling in a couple of days with important health related questions. Thanks for the warning! I'll know not to pick up the phone then either. How do I get them to leave me alone?

I'm not even going to comment on the junk mail I receive from them every day. I signed up. Stop soliciting me.

Any guidance will be welcome because they are getting really annoying.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 67
I started getting these last year also but I use Google Voice so I just blocked the number they were calling from.

They still send me mail pitching the service on me under a bad spelling of my last name.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 67

I just received these calls from House Calls, as well, after only signing up for MedicareAdvantage through United Health Care.  When I checked the number, it comes up as spam.  They called twice, from a 443 area code and from an 866 area code.  They left a message asking me to call - not asking for me by name, not stating that it is a benefit of Advantage - nothing.  Out of curiosity, I called them.  They start asking me for specific info without first letting me know what they are about. They were quite argumentative.  I called Customer Service at United Health Care.  The first person I got was friendly but didn't seem to understand at all.  I called and got another person - understanding.  She got it - I think.  She put me on a Do Not Call list (I hope!)  I told her I did not want to be called at that number.  Given the amount of spam people get, this is not the way to go about promoting the program's services.  I told her to send info by mail or email but DO NOT CALL, especially that number.  It looks like MANY people are complaining about the same thing, so why don't they get a clue and stop calling.  I agree with all of the posts here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 67

I keep getting these calls as well but they come up as scam on my phone. So I called UHC and told them what was going on. First they said it doesn't look like one of their numbers, then they tried calling the number which came up as disconnected 5 minutes after they called me. Then they researched my account and said there are no records of  of any calls that need to be made to me from UHC for any reason. The only time it showed I was to receive a call from them was for a welcome call 1 1/2 years ago when I became a member. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!! The phone number calling me is 952-367-8000. If you receive a call from them, UHC verified it is a scam.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 67

From what I've read UHC gets money for every "risk" they report to Medicare but they are not required to use that money for the Med Advantage program.   Before retirement, I had regular group insurance thru UHC and they claimed the annual health risk assessments and wellness checks they were pushing, would help hold premiums down.  In the over 10 years of doing these, premiums skyrocketed and many employees who honestly answered HRA questions got dinged on their "score" which translated into less money being deposited in their Health Savings Account by the company. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 67
House Calls is a service not a requirement. They are notorious for bothering people. I agree with you about there being Medicare, UHC and their contractors between you and your doctor. No wonder Medicare costs are high. Too many people making money off something you already paid for.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors