Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I am sick of all these phone calls, UNITED HEALTHCARE

I am sick of all these phone calls, UNITED HEALTHCARE

United Health Care: calls from 443-853-6898
I am TIRED OF THESE 2-3X wkly calls!!!!!!!!!!! wants to have a "home service" available from my medical insurance ...hang up! I NEVER gave my cell # for _this_
Caller: Home service United HealthCare?? AARP do something about it! I joined via, YOU

I told them that I'm not a crime person, so, without a paper from the jury that says I must open the door for them, they will never can never cross my threshold.

So far, I'm satisfied with them, they pay my gym membership and I go to swim every day ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Contributor

Call united Healthcare and have them put you on the no-call list! I got do I seated that I called them to complain. Tha gal was very nice and apologized, then put me and my husband on the do not call list! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am getting these phone calls every day, sometimes twice a day from United Healthcare. There is no one to talk to and no place to contact on the website regarding stopping these marketing calls from "affiliates." Make them STOP!!!!

Contributor

Call them and make them put you on the no call list. Phone number is on the back of your card.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Plagued by Optum Health calls to our land line - efforts to sign me up for something I have already completed: the annual Medicare funded (?) Wellness Check.  Almost impossible to get through on the line they supply and I had believed it was a legit operation.  I did catch one of the callers the other day, explained that I was 'good' thanks, and the calls continue! I have now used *61 to block the last incoming call. Let's see how long it takes for the next "Care Connectors" caller to use a different phone number. Argggh.

I finally got out of the Optum broken system. I do not want to hear from United Health and their corporate scammers

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There are 2 ways to stop these calls. One is to subscribe to the Robokiller app on your cell phone or to a similar call screening/blocking device for a home phone. Then you can either block all their calls or screen them if you prefer.

If you have a newer Google Pixel phone, it comes with an automatic call screener/blocker. And this service is free.  I have this and never get their calls. They do send an email about 1x every 2 months with a money offer. I wait until the offer exceeds $50 then schedule a visit. I don't mind the short visit for $50-$75 free.

Contributor

RoboKiller app is a paid service, which you don't mention.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to know why AARP is pushing these UnitedHealthcare Advantage plans! If they are supposed to be an advocate for the โ€œsenior citizensโ€ of this society, what are they doing???? What are we paying them for?? It appears to me that some corporation/wealthy group has bought them off!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Regular Contributor

It has been reported that AARP makes over $800 million annually from United Healthcare. This means that AARP's advocacy for seniors only goes so far. They say they support traditional Medicare but there is a definite conflict of interest. Traditional Medicare is not private insurance. Medicare Advantage plans are private insurance with no connection to traditional Medicare other than their name. They deny care when it interferes with their profits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment ๐Ÿ‘‰(11/29/22) Yikes, I sign up next year when I turn 65 and I guess I will be "avoiding" them. Thanks for the FYI @JonBB . Nicole

Contributor

I have them and the coverage is great. They do try to schedule a once a year home visit which might be great for much older people, but a 66, I donโ€™t feel I need it yet.. I just ignore their calls. 

Regular Contributor

I have read that AARP makes over $800 million annually from UHC. Pushing these plans seems to be a conflict of interest when they say they are supporting Medicare. Those of us on traditional Medicare do not want it privatized. The effort to do so via the REACH program hopes to entirely privatize Medicare by 2030. Very little attention is being given this. AARP does not appear to be opposing this at all.

I have AARP UHC medicare advantage/ Walgreens plan which saves me so much money compared to original Medicare. There's prescription coverage, dental & vision and no extra premiums. I could not make it financially without Medicare advantage programs. They all have good coverage. 

Ahh- the innocence of youth. Just wait until the first time you have to sell your house to pay your medical bills because United won't. You'll always remember the first time.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Unfortunately for you your 2024 Part D from AARP/UHC/Walgreen is doubling - yes 100% increase next year.  The deductible is also increasing.  These AARP plans are not the best by any stretch of the imagination.  They just get a ton of amazing media support because of the close to $1Billion they get for pushing them.

Regular Contributor

It is good that you are happy with your MA plan. But seniors need to know what they are getting when they enroll in such a plan. Traditional Medicare is not private insurance. Medicare Advantage plans are private insurance with no connection to traditional Medicare other than their name. They deny care when it interferes with their profits. I hope that never happens to you.

Periodic Contributor

Also stay away from Humana!! They do the same thing as UHC profits over patients, thanks because of that I lost ALL of my retirement savings to pay what insurance says they donโ€™t want to!!! Going with a different company in 2024. At least this new company has a reputation of paying their customers bills. Weโ€™ll see, canโ€™t trust a single insurance salesman to tell you the TRUTH!!! 

I'll add to that. Their main purpose of existence is not providing low cost services to you and I. They're like any other corporation. Charge consumers what the market will bear and pay the highest dividends possible to their stock holders. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@jp2306867 wrote

Traditional Medicare is not private insurance.

But the GAP insurance connected to it IS offered by private plans and not everybody can afford a GAP plan or want one.

@jp2306867 wrote 

Medicare Advantage plans are private insurance with no connection to traditional Medicare other than their name.

That is.NOT Right - MA plans cover everything that traditional Medicare covers just in a different way. MA plans are Part C of Medicare.

CMS governs and audits all Medicare plans and approves their participation as a PART C provider.  

MA plans are managed care type plans and there are different types - PPO, HMO, Special Needs

@jp2306867 wrote

They deny care when it interferes with their profits. I hope that never happens to you.

MA plans can only deny care if it isnโ€™t medically necessary or if the doctor fails to document why the care is needed and the diagnosis fits the treatment plan.

Medicare has a Local Determination and National Determination of treatments - that one can check to see what is and is not covered under either type plan - Traditional or MA plan.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

Plenty of complaints about advantage plans.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/24/medicare-advantage-plans-congress-00128353

When I was employed, my employer paid $800 a month for each employee's   health insurance with a private insurance company.  Now that I am retired, advantage plans (and original medicare) get $174.70 a month!  These for-profit-insurance companies have to make money so they require prior authorizations and can deny them.  I don't feel they are looking out for seniors who aren't wealthy and need to save money

Recognized Social Butterfly

(3/9/24) @LindaW906952 and more doctors are "refusing" to deal with MEDICARE. At age 66 this year, I try to take care of myself.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** LINDA @LindaW906952 wrote:

Plenty of complaints about advantage plans.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/24/medicare-advantage-plans-congress-00128353

When I was employed, my employer paid $800 a month for each employee's   health insurance with a private insurance company.  Now that I am retired, advantage plans (and original medicare) get $174.70 a month!  These for-profit-insurance companies have to make money so they require prior authorizations and can deny them.  I don't feel they are looking out for seniors who aren't wealthy and need to save money ***]

0 Kudos
Contributor

United Health Care is literally driving me nuts. They call me 5-6 times a week & if I don't answer they start texting me. I signed with them for my insurance but the repeated calls to discuss medicine, in home visits, anything constitutes as harassment. This can't be legal if u are not sick,  by the time they finish calling u u will be. There has to be a answer & I'm already on do not call registry. They call me twice as much as telemarketers.

They also then start harassing our doctors as well.  Calling the doctors' offices about us (calling even the doctors themselves!) and pushing the physicians to harass us about things which should be the patient's own choice, not some mandate from them.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Medicare Advantage plans are called โ€œmanaged careโ€ for a reason.

Yes, they do have rules and some steps (protocols) that have to be met for some benefits to be paid.  Read your Explanation of Coverage.

CMS has allowed them to work this way as an alternative to Traditional Medicare.  

For many people, MA is their only choice since picking up a MediGAP or being eligible for Medicaid or paying out of pocket the remaining 20% of the Traditional Medicareโ€™s cost is not an alternative for them (financially).

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos

I have been having the same happening to me. Between United and Optum I get constant calls 1. They want me to enroll in mail order on one of my drugs, but the catch is currently it is cheaper at my local pharmacy and my Dr has to change dosage every month.  2. My Dr also has me on a generic lipator, but I don't trust it, it causes physical pain. My Dr is good, but I know my body.  Lastly I am tired of all the twits out there who think because we are a certain age we are stupid.  

Contributor

Clara, you hit the nail on the head.  Celebrating your 65th birthday (or beyond) isn't synonymous with loosing your marbles.

Ask about switching to generic version of Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium) -- just a bit more expensive, but fewer side effects (including less muscle/joint pain), not food sensitive (like Lipitor is with grapefruit et al).  I'm glad I switched.

United Healthcare would like to get their Medicare Advantage customers classified as requiring a higher level of care so they get a much higher level of reimbursement.
Also, I think that some of those calls are from crooks pretending to be UHC, trying to get your birth date "to confirm your identity." Someone who calls you legitimately does not need to confirm your identity. They should be able to tell you your name and spell it correctly or they are phishing.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP