Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 73

Thanks, Gary!

For what it's worth, I have gotten only very few calls in the last couple of years. (Yay!)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 73

If I want a home visit I will let you know.  Really terrible idea for a high risk couple during a pandemic.  We will stick with twice yearly primary physician check up appointments or seek medical care as needed.

I get too many annoying calls already.  Reported to nomorobo.

I will not reward this unethical, inconsiderate telemarketing.

Continuation after request to stop is a violation of donotcall registry law!

$10,000 fine per occurence.

Had to tell OptumRx to knock it off, too. I don't want my meds delivered to a mailbox a block away in extreme heat or cold. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 73

My problem is they keep trying to wedge themselves between me and my pharmacy over the frequency of refills on my blood pressure meds. My doctor has already told me that I am doing so well that I can skip a dose once in awhile or split it. They are seeing I'm not getting refills like clockwork and are calling me weekly. Last week they got pushy; a pharmacist with United called me wanting to know what issues I was having. Long story short I wound up hanging up on her after -I felt- being talked to like a senile idiot. They then apparently called my pharmacy themselves with a refill order!  My pharmacist just will disregard the refill order. I have NEVER encountered such pushiness  from any carrier and we are NOT staying with them when the time comes. BTW my BP read this week at my doctors office was 116/62.I'd say I'm doing just fine without their nannying.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 73
I called and said I wanted the calls to stop. They put me on a no call list. Haven't been bothered since.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 73

@CaroleW755826 wrote:

. . . . . We accepted one house call last year and got bad advice.

Just in a general manner . . . .

What did they do during the house call ?  Was it just about you and your bodily health or did they look around your home environment for safety and/or perhaps about specific things which would / could make your life easier or better - health-wise or care-wise?

Can you say what was the "advice" they gave.

Do you have a Medicare Advantage plan with UHC or some other type plan?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 73

I blocked the 443 number calling from Maryland. They call but it doesn't ring. So they leave a message. We accepted one house call last year and got bad advice. We will never accept their call but I would like to know how to completely stop them. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 73
Thank you!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 73

@necolson wrote:

In answer to your question, I have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplement.

Then the phone calls are REALLY WEIRD; they are probably trying to sell you something else or to get you to switch to their MA plan - or it could be someone fishing to get your info.

Medicare.gov - Identity theft: protect yourself 

If from UHC - The health questions may be qualifiers to what product(s) you might have some interest. MA plans give the same benefits as traditional Medicare but in a different way.  MA plans can offer additional benefits not covered by traditional Medicare - it is up to them what but it could be things like transportation to and from appointments, perhaps meal deliveries OTC medication discounts or even something more appealing like a walkin bath - it varies what they offer.

MA plans get part of their Medicare pay for rating you and your health conditions - the more conditions you have, the more Medicare pays the MA plan to take care of your healthcare needs.

But since you don't have a MA plan but instead have traditional Medicare with a Supplemental plan (which is only GAP insurance) then there is nothing I can think of that a MEDIGAP insurer needs from you as far as info on your health - Medicare actually handles your claims and sends them the Medigap insurer for their part of the payment - that is basically all the Medigap insurer does - pay their part of the claim when they get it from Medicare.  If Medicare pays/ doesn't pay - the same is true of the Medigap plan.

Just be careful that you know who you are talking to and what info is given or what info they want and why.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 73

In answer to your question, I have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplement.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 73

@necolson wrote:

I am new to Medicare and to my United Heathcare Supplement. I have to say that I, too, am getting sick of the courtesy calls from United Healthcare. Today's was to tell me that they will be calling in a couple of days with important health related questions.. . . .

. . . . . Any guidance will be welcome because they are getting really annoying.

Just for clarity, @necolson -

You have Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplemental (MEDIGAP) Plan from UHC 

OR

You have a Medicare Advantage Plan through UHC

Your answer will depend on your request for any guidance.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors