Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: I am sick of all these phone calls, UNITED HEALTHCARE

Message 11 of 45

For the love of God, stop calling me please!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 45

Thanks, Chris.

I was told by one of my providers just the other day that UHC is "the worst."

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 45

It feels like a telemarketing call. Sad. A way for them to get more $ from Medicare with little cost involved. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 45

I use to work for the housecalls program. We were yelled and screamed at all the time.   We called the same people over and over  even when they said no more calls   they didn't care they forced us to call over and over  

Uhc dont care

We were forced to get 15 to 20 appointments per day. It was like telemarketing 

We had to con members into getting it done  lie if needed

Dont do the housecalls program. It's a waste of time. They will cram it down your throat like it's the best thing in the world 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 45
Don’t forget all the vote this way or that way in elections. Anytime I get an email asking me to vote one Way or another; or provide me with a form to send to my elected officials. I believe that is beyond the scope of AARP.

Sure, tell us the issues, and we can decide if we need to contact our local elected official. You could even say who our contacts are, BUT DO NOT put words in individual voters mouths.

Do you really think they take it serious if there are 200 letters that are exactly the same? No.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 45

Add me to this complaint. Ever since I signed up as an AARP member a few weeks ago, I have been INUNDATED with calls from UHC and they also mention CIGNA and others. I KNOW it's from being on AARP's list. I am seriously considering cancelling my AARP membership over this b.s. I read the replies here from moderators... I am only 58 years old, I have been getting mailings from AARP since I was 45. I finally decided ok fine I will sign up. And this is what I get? Harassing phone calls at least four or five times a day. I block the number, and they call from a different one. These numbers are from all over the United States. They are not toll-free numbers. I am 58 and I'm still employed. I'm not on Medicare or Medicaid. I don't need insurance. My number is on the DO Not CALL list! For God's sake STOP calling. This is grounds for reporting to Attorneys General. This is bull. AARP you should be ashamed. Cut off your connection to UHC and tell them to stop calling new members who did NOT request information. At no time did I EVER say I wanted information on insurance. Never. I wouldn't, since I am covered through my employer until I retire. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 45

@EllenF159060 wrote:

It is inconvenient and they are persistent, but I am more concerned with rates being raised based on what the assessment reports back to UHC. The 'free' always seems to come with a cost.

You nor anybody else is singled out in a Medicare Advantage plan as a result of your health status.  

However if the insurer can rate you as a riskier health beneficiary - Medicare will pay the insurer MORE for servicing you.  There is a formula for this which comes from CMS based on the beneficiary's health status.

Some of these assessments are beneficial to the beneficiary.  Some insurers will include in the assessment a safety check - things around the home which could cause injury to a frail beneficiary.  

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having the assessment - although I am not real keen on having any stranger in my home.  To me, the concerning part is what the assessment is used for after it is done.  Will they use it to communicate to your doctor?  Will they or somebody follow up on whatever they might determine to be a problem - previously known or unknown.  Or is it being used just to get Medicare to pay them more money because you are determined to be a riskier beneficiary.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 45

It is inconvenient and they are persistent, but I am more concerned with rates being raised based on what the assessment reports back to UHC. The 'free' always seems to come with a cost.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 45

@TeaS484499wrote:

Me too!  Amerigroup calls SEVERAL times a day and early in the morning when I am trying to sleep!  I block the number and they call from a different number!  I ride horses, what are they going to come tell me I’m going to trip on a rug and put a handrail in the bathtub?

It seems to be their philosophy 

Amerigroup - Whole Person Care

There is a lot more to it than just home safety issues as their website indicates.

If they are insuring you, they just want to limit their risk and make sure you are healthy, stay healthy based on what science says.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 45

Me too!  Amerigroup calls SEVERAL times a day and early in the morning when I am trying to sleep!  I block the number and they call from a different number!  I ride horses, what are they going to come tell me I’m going to trip on a rug and put a handrail in the bathtub?

Kudos
Views