Trusted Contributor

Humana Premier Rx Plan (PDP) vs WELLCARE VALUE SCRIPT (PDP)

We've had the Humana ( Wallmart) Part D drug plan for a couple of years but since my single prescription is so cheap, we never approach the deductible.  However we just heard that the $26 per person per month premium is going to $56 per person per month in 2020, so I started looking around a bit.

My brother switched from Humana to Wellcare last year, just curious about pros and cons.

https://wellcare.destinationrx.com/PlanCompare/2019/consumer/type1/Compare/GetStarted

Welcare Drug Plans 2019-10-24 144039.jpg

Burnhaven
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't know where you live (state) but would definitely look beyond Humana and Wellcare. If EnvisionRx is available that has been a good choice in several states for a few years if you have few or no Rx med's.

Bark less. Wag more.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just make sure that you are comparing apples to apples -

Yahoo News - 10/01/2019 - Humana’s 2020 Medicare Health Plans Announcement 

from the link ~

For 2020, Humana will introduce a new co-branded prescription drug plan with Walmart Inc. This new plan, called Humana Walmart Value Rx, will have a national monthly plan premium of $13.20. In 2020, Humana will also offer the Humana Premier Rx and Humana Basic Rx stand-alone prescription drug plans nationally.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health