Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How Can Someone under 65 Get Health Insurance

Message 11 of 13
Thank you!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Can Someone under 65 Get Health Insurance

Message 12 of 13

Check with your state(Alabama) health care services. You might consider catastophic health care insurance. You have to pay minor health care cost but protects you from major health care cost  but would be cheaper than 100% coverage. You might still be elgible for Obamacare coverage but would be expensive  with less choice of insurance cos. and Doctor chioice

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

How Can Someone under 65 Get Health Insurance

Message 13 of 13

Hi all.  This question is really not about AARP proving plans for those of us under the age of 65 and able to retire early but, rather, how does one find out what is REALLY available in their area when it comes to private health insurance coverage?  Everything I find online requires that you provide your email and phone number, tells you nothing and then you get bombarded with calls from people that are so eager to sell, they don't pay attention to your issues.  It seems like there is little in the way of private coverage in the State of Alabama (beyond BCBS) but I would really like to know if that is the truth.  Are there places one can call or go online and just find out the options without having to deal with the plethera of calls?  I just want guidance on where to start...I don't want offers at this point!  Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Replies