Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

HOORAY FOR AARP!

Just saw the TV ad from AARP concerning Medicare negotiating drug prices. Finally, someone is willing to stand uo to Big Pharma. I expect that AARP will lose some ad revenue, but it is extremely gratifying that AARP is finally doing something. Just giving cover for allies in Congress  is a great help.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Why would anyone oppose this?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Like anything else we have to know what is in it to see how it affects us -

It all depends on how it affects cost; cost for everybody and Medicare  - it seems it has savings to the government - 1st and then to some consumers.  The cap set at $ 2000 sounds good - but how much will premiums rise in these plans?

Here is a synopsis of what is currently in this part of the BBB bill - it may will get sliced and diced even more and not on its merits alone - it is part of a huge spending bill.

KHN 11/05/2021 -  Despite Restraints, Democratsโ€™ Drug Pricing Plan Could Still Aid Consumers

I know that this is not what most would consider a drug negotiation program at least not like the VA system.  

We already have select Med D plans (Senior Savings Models) that caps specific insulin cost at $ 35.00.

AARP 05/26/2020 - New Medicare Program to Cap Insulin Monthly Copays at $35 Next Year

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'd be curious to know why you like what is being proposed ?

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Like most major new programs or changes to old programs sadly we have to start with something less than is needed and then work up to what is needed.

Look at expanding Medicaid. It is needed in evrey state to really wok for the total USA.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP