Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

False/Misleading Online Medicare Ads

Periodic Contributor

False/Misleading Online Medicare Ads

I have more than once seen false/misleading Medicare ads on MSN.com. The headlines state availability of Social Security givebacks or a food allowance, but clicking on the link only gives additional links for plans on Comparisons.org, with nothing on givebacks or food allowances.

I have complained to MSN/Microsoft in two different ways (link on website and an e-mail address I found) and submitted a complaint to the FTC, all with no response other than FTC acknowledgement of submittal. I could not find a method to submit this type of complaint to HHS/Medicare.

Is there anything more that could or should be done?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

William, I agree with you; this needs to stop.

So let's ask our advocacy representative @aarp to advise how to create an act that bans this! And other bs that harms Americans daily, and how do we vote for something not proposed?

Years ago there was a rule passed regarding volume; it was so broadcasters could not increase volume of ads, which, imho, these ads do...

Unfortunately that was squashed, so as you grow older and the ads get louder, please know, we fought against this but the most ad-driven leader won again... racist, rapist, classist, dotard, will be next low-life potus, AGAIN... countries will not accept US retirees due to lack of surety of SS income.

I don't blame them but hope one day they will...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP