If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Dozens of Lawmakers Blast Proposed Medicare Drug Rules

Message 1 of 12
All of us, seniors and the young, will suffer under Obamacare. "You just have to adopt it before you know what's in it" statement from N. Palousi. What do you think they were doing? We didn't need to change the system immediately. We could have given all the time to read and understand "The Affordable Healthcare Act" before adopting it. They knew exactly what they were doing. They will destroy America and through many different avenues. It is just a matter of time. We may not be here but what about our children and grandchildren? They are the ones I really worry about. But it is up to God in the final analysis.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

I suspect that is the propsed ability to offer the President.. just go into a system and make changes as you see fit.  Maybe we'll all get jobs they pick for us too.

Twitter: @LHIS_Lance

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

How very true!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

This may belong in P&E. ,but the  continuing "administration changes" make me wonder why it was so important to pass thousands of pages of bills like ACA when changes can be made 'administratively' ?

Karl

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12
subject posted by Gail1 on 03/05/2014

The Hill - March 05, 2014  Dozens of Lawmakers Blast CMS Proposed Medicare Drug Rules

"Dozens of lawmakers from both parties pleaded with federal health officials Wednesday to drop their proposed changes to Medicare drug coverage.

The latest frank, bipartisan letter from lawmakers to the administration signals almost comprehensive opposition to a proposal that would allow insurers to limit coverage for certain types of drugs in Part D."

ALL OVER  - Republicans in the House were preparing a bill to block the proposed Medicare drug rule changes but the Administration announced that they were NOT going to pursue the rule changes.

The Hill 03/11/2014 Republicans pull Medicare Part D bill

Just another example of the mid-term election force !

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

In Response to Re: Dozens of Lawmakers Blast Proposed Medicare Drug Rules:

Amazing, its 2014 and we are finally going to get serious about looking  into how safe the  medicines made in China are. How many years has Communist China been manufacturing our drugs ?

FYI Avalere Health 03/04/2014 - FDA Confirms Widespread Generic-Drug Equivalency Testing Program Bloomberg 02/22/2014 - Generic-Drug Testing Goes Widespread in U.S. FDA Effort
Posted by GailL1

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

In my opinion, mostly because of Corporate Greed JAN. Corporations save money for themselves and us to have drugs manufactured in China's sweatshops, where often, the FDA isn't allowed to inspect for contamination. It may be better profits for big corporations and  save us money, but how safe and effective are many of  these med's anyways.

CNN recently reported that only 10% of the generic drugs manufactured in China and India are even inspected for contamination or purity. How scary is that ?

In Response to Re: Dozens of Lawmakers Blast Proposed Medicare Drug Rules : Still.....seniors saved billions of dollars when the donut hole got smaller..... I checked out b/p meds and most are made in Pakistan, China or India.     When  I was in Europe,   I noticed drugs were cheaper there.....even a bottle of aspirin cost half as much.     Why aren't ALL  our drugs made in the USA ?    Then I can add....why are so many things NOT made in the USA any longer.  
Posted by JANMB

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12
In Response to Dozens of Lawmakers Blast Proposed Medicare Drug Rules : No surprise here. My wife was covered under my retiree medical until December 31. She now is enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan. Two of her drugs are not in the formulary. I'm sure there will be more surprises. I guess that's what you get when you don't plan ahead as the obamacare plan has done. you just make changes based on politics as you discover all its faults.
Posted by Labrat64

Still.....seniors saved billions of dollars when the donut hole got smaller.....

I checked out b/p meds and most are made in Pakistan, China or India.     When  I was in Europe,   I noticed drugs were cheaper there.....even a bottle of aspirin cost half as much.     Why aren't ALL  our drugs made in the USA ?    Then I can add....why are so many things NOT made in the USA any longer.  
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12
In Response to Dozens of Lawmakers Blast Proposed Medicare Drug Rules:
The Hill - March 05, 2014  Dozens of Lawmakers Blast CMS Proposed Medicare Drug Rules "Dozens of lawmakers from both parties pleaded with federal health officials Wednesday to drop their proposed changes to Medicare drug coverage. The latest frank, bipartisan letter from lawmakers to the administration signals almost comprehensive opposition to a proposal that would allow insurers to limit coverage for certain types of drugs in Part D." ~ more at link ~
Posted by GailL1
No surprise here. My wife was covered under my retiree medical until December 31. She now is enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan. Two of her drugs are not in the formulary. I'm sure there will be more surprises. I guess that's what you get when you don't plan ahead as the obamacare plan has done. you just make changes based on politics as you discover all its faults.

Kudos
Views