Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Does anyone have Mutual of Omaha for their Plan G

Periodic Contributor

Does anyone have Mutual of Omaha for their Plan G

Soon I’ll making adecision between AARP United Healthcare and Mutual of Omaha for my Medigap G provider. Both are similar in that they rate equally as well on having a low percent of complaints compared to other providers and both have good ratings from Moody’s. What I can’t find out is how Mutual of Omaha’s rates have increased over the last five many years in comparison to AARP.  Can anyone with Mutual of Omaha help?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Judy!

For me, neither of those options would be selected, for personal reasons (terrible personal experience with MOO in the 50s and 60s, then terrible experience during the 2Ks...).

I've always personally objected to UHC sponsorship beginning during the AARP Meetup in NOLA, way back when...

I would check with all other Medigap companies, no matter how many hours of research online or via phone it takes.

Particularly investigate state-specific programs and their recommendations.

hth

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Sorry about your bad experiences. Thanks for sharing that. Are you on a Medigap plan?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I am not, currently. I have no current known health issues, no prescribed medications and have had only 1 physical accident since 1989 (extremely lucky, not genes). For those reasons I chose to live in a safe area in my own space, as opposed to paying premiums then depending on "homeless" shelters.

I'm stating my truths here only; not asking for sympathy.

I do know that when I was employed and researching Medigap, the first site I went to was my state's government site (e.g... Medicare Supplement Insurance opens in new tab).

Perhaps that's a good starting place for research?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP