Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Dental Coverage

Message 1 of 4

michelec155386 wrote:

I live in COLORADO and went to a dentist who made my dentures and sent me to the Oral Surgeon and I had all my teeth pulled out.  That was July 3, I went back to the dentist and the dentures don’t fit. When the girl in the dentist office was doing the molds I heard him get angry with her so he knew there was a problem since June  Even when I first had my teeth pulled and my gums were swollen they fell out.  He gave me all kinds of stupid reasons why they didn’t fit right. So I waited until my mouth was completely healed so we could try the adhesives to hold them in. But found out the way he made them the bite was off.  He tried using some kind of cushion stuff.  

Sorry so long now I am waiting for my money back so I can go somewhere else, and my Insurance reimbursed as well.

Tired of eating mush, headaches everything associated with this mess.  They take your money immediately but you have to wait.......

”Toothless eating Mush, with a Headache!!!!!”

You should see a Prosthodontist

The ADA defines Prosthodontics as "the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth or oral and maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible substitutes.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4

I live in COLORADO and went to a dentist who made my dentures and sent me to the Oral Surgeon and I had all my teeth pulled out.  That was July 3, I went back to the dentist and the dentures don’t fit. When the girl in the dentist office was doing the molds I heard him get angry with her so he knew there was a problem since June  Even when I first had my teeth pulled and my gums were swollen they fell out.  He gave me all kinds of stupid reasons why they didn’t fit right. So I waited until my mouth was completely healed so we could try the adhesives to hold them in. But found out the way he made them the bite was off.  He tried using some kind of cushion stuff.  

Sorry so long now I am waiting for my money back so I can go somewhere else, and my Insurance reimbursed as well.

Tired of eating mush, headaches everything associated with this mess.  They take your money immediately but you have to wait.......

”Toothless eating Mush, with a Headache!!!!!”

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

I've always had dental insurance thru my company, and I've continued that in retirement. It's with Met Life, and costs ~$24/month, with a coverage cap of $2K annually. I don't know if the cost is subsidized by my former employer. Although that coverage cap isn't much .. when you talk about crowns, bridges & dentures, at least if the dentist is in-network, they agree to a fee schedule that saves you money, even if you have to pay out of pocket.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Dental Coverage

Message 4 of 4

I am new to AARP as a caregover and trying to investigate dental coverage for an aging parent.   This has been such a challenge and the options appear to be limited unless you have a lot of disposable income and can trave out of the country.  What are some 'real options' that exist? 

I am in the state of Illinois and have not had much success. 

Has anyon considered usign the local dental schools?  What are some of the pros and cons?

HELP!!